Forty one

"You're training tonight Bella" Connor said patting me on the back as he walked behind the counter

"Training?" I asked furrowing my brows

"Yeah your my right hand girl" He smiled winking before walking back into his office.

Ok but who was I training? He just hired Aidan to replace Hudson. There's me and Desi as bartenders. Who else could he need?

"Arabella!" I heard a familiar voice. A high, bitchy one that only belonged to Candy. "Looks like you're training me"

"Fuck" I mumbled under my breath. I turned around to see Candy standing behind the bar in an apron. "Connor hired you as a bartender?"

"Yeah he said something about his current ones not keeping up and being lazy?" She smirked giving me a shrug

I laughed not playing along  knowing damn well I bust my ass " Yeah ok." I rolled my eyes before grabbing a blank notebook for her. "Here you know how to take orders right?"

"Duh" she snatched the book from me. She looked me up and down.

"What"  I asked catching her judging look.

"I'm just surprised Connor lets you wear that to work. You look like a sloppy lump"

My mouth feel into an "0" I looked down at my outfit. A oversized band tee tucked halfway into ripped shorts, over top my black tights. My typical outfit. I adjusted my T-shirt a bit before looking at her outfit. A silk red crop top and black jean skirt. Something that would never look good on my body.

You need to lose a few pounds Bella. .....Should you really be eating that much? ....Stop being such a pig.

Tears started brimming my eyes as I remember what Hudson used to say about my weight. Constantly asking me to loose weight. But I couldn't show her weakness. I shook it off.

"Ok I know it will be hard for you but just follow and listen to me all night" I smirk grabbing my tray of prepared drinks and fleeing the bar.
She groaned before turning on her heals and following me.

"Ok you just have to greet them.."

"I know what to do idiot" she snatched the tray from my hand as we approached the first table.

"Alright" I mumbled watching her.

She walked up to the table. Putting her tray down on the table.

Strike one. Never put you're tray on the table.

"I have some.." she picked up a drink sniffing it "rum and coke ... I believe "

Strike two . Don't drink or sniff the drinks of costumers. Don't do anything you wouldn't want done to your drink.

"Um mine" a older gentleman raised his hands. She slammed the drink down in front of him causing it to slosh a bit. Christ.

Her phone made a ding in her pocket. I shook my head. This is a mess.
"Hold on" she picked up the phone quickly typing a response to her message.

Strike three. Never carry your phone on you. Let alone on ringer.

I hit my forehead before deciding to help her for the sake of my job. I joined her at the table.