Thirty Seven

"Morning Bella" Maura greeted me as she was rushing around the kitchen getting ready for her day.

"Morning mum" I yawned. I didn't get much sleep. Coming home early in the morning didn't help my sleep schedule.

"I'm late for brunch but when Niall gets home will you have him call me?" I glanced over to the couch noticing it unslept in. "We need to talk about him going back to London"

"Yeah course" I furrowed my eyebrows together wondering where he could have been. He always tells me when he was staying at someone else's. Not that he had to but it was very unlike him to not tell me.

"Thanks love you" Maura said before leaving for the day.

A long sigh escaping my mouth as I sat down on the couch. A thought of worry coming over me. The end of holiday was coming soon. This meant Niall of course retiring to London for work.

If Niall goes back to London and his normal life, I would completely lose him again.

I remembered my promise to Desi and quickly gave her a ring.

"Morning sunshine"

"Morning" I grumbled not in a good mood from the news I just received.
"Maybe you where more drunk then I thought last night" she giggled

"I don't think I was that drunk. Can still remember what happened pretty damn well. Connor inviting Candy, Me spiting beer all over myself like some fool, Connor making us play that stupid game that led to..." I rambled on. My headache growing with ever memory.

"Me and Aidan being official" she cut me off causing me to gasp

"Oh shit Desi! I'm so sorry. I was so caught up in my own shit I didn't see how happy you were. Congratulations"

"It's ok Bella" she laughed "You had a rough night. We all have them.
Hopefully you'll get back on your feet soon"

"I hope so because I don't know how much more of this I can take"

"More of what?" Desi asked

"I don't know. Felling like I don't fit in anymore" It came out in a whisper. My hands began nervously playing with the sleeves of my oversized sweater.

"Babe I wish I could hug you through the phone, of course you fit in."

"I don't know Desi" I whispered softer letting my head fall back in the couch just as the door swung open and in walked Niall with dark glasses over his eyes. He groaned falling on the couch next to me. He reached for a pillow pulling it to his lap. Burying his face in it from the sun.

"I've got to go Desi. Looks like I have to nurse a hangover"

I heard Desi giggle "Things got pretty messy after you left. Good luck"

"Thanks" I rolled my eyes setting my phone down on the table trying to not make any noise. I knew Niall's head hurt and didn't want to cause anymore pain.

Niall sat next to me eyes still closed, slumping further into the couch. I wanted to ask him about so many things. But decided now wasn't the time to talk.

I got up off the couch and headed towards the kitchen.
"Where you going?" Niall whined opening his eyes to look at me. Always acted like a baby when he was hungover.

"Fetching you some tea and medicine" I searched the cupboard for the painkiller. " you should go have a lay down in your bed. It's much more comfortable then the couch"

"Good idea" he groaned lifting himself from the couch and slowly up the stairs.

I finished making his tea and made my way upstairs. Stepping foot in his room. He was laying on top of the covers sprawled out. Like he just flopped on to the bed.

"Fucking hell horan" I softly laughed sitting his tea and pills on the bed side table "Here drink up"

He slowly sat up as I walked over to the window. Pulling the curtains taught so no sunlight entered the room.

"Thank you" he said picking up the pills and the cup.

I sat down next to him on the end of the bed. I found myself staring at him. As he swallowed the pills. My eyes scanning his body. I realized he was in the same clothes as last night. His jeans and button up shirt. The only difference is his shirt being slightly unbuttoned giving a glimpse of chest hair.

He sat the cup down on the bed side table before turning to me. Catching me staring trough his dark glasses. "That's cant be to comfortable you should change" I got up quickly not giving any attention to my blushing cheeks.

I went to his suitcase pulling out Nike shorts and a T-shirt.

"Here" I handed them to him
He took of his glasses. Blinking slowly to adjust his vision. Rubbing his forehead before he began unbuttoning his shirt.

"Fuck" he groaned getting frustrated with the buttons

"Must I do everything for you" I rolled my eyes beginning to unbutton the last button he was stuck on before pulling it off his arms. Leaving his full chest exposed. Witch caught me off guard. I caught my eyes falling to his chest. Even though it was nothing new. I've seen Niall shirtless many times but for some reason I felt the same butterflies in my stomach as I did last night.

My blush quickly returning to my cheeks. I shook the feeling off reaching for his T-shirt. Helping him pull it on. Taking his glasses off and placing them on the side table next to his drink. I looked up at Niall who's eyes were bloodshot.

"There you go. You big baby" I patted his chest laughing "You got the rest tho"

He whined playfully before getting up and going in his closet. I fell back on the bed letting my eyes close.

"You've been doing this for years love. Only found that out now"

I giggled slightly his voice sounding closer then expected. I opened my eyes to see Niall standing in new clothes in front of me.

"No always knew you were a pain in the ass" I giggled watching him climb in bed. "Get some rest Ni, You can thank me later"

I got up only to feel Niall's hand catch my wrist.

"I supposed it's my turn to beg you to stay" he pouted playfully making me giggle.

I climbed into bed next to him. Laying on my back. Our body's still miles apart.

"Thank you Bells" he mumble nearly asleep. If only he knew what he was doing for me. I couldn't lose him. I should be the one thanking him. We've come so far in getting our friendship back. I prayed we would stay this way forever.

"You're welcome" I felt my eyes getting heavy as I drifted back to sleep. Admitting what I really needed.