Thirty Nine

"That looks so good on you" Desi cheered as I stood in the mirror wearing one of her halter tops.

"Better then it did on me , you take it"

"I can't do that Desi" I looked at the tight white fabric pulling at it the cover my stomach. I scrunched my face and reached for my oversized T-shirt instead. Something I felt more comfortable in.

"No no" she waved her hands jumping up to grab  my T-shirt before I could. "You look amazing"

"Thanks Desi" I blushed slightly watching Desi toss my shirt over her shoulder.

"Did we ever decide on what movie to go to?" Desi threw herself back on the bed. Bringing the movie website up in her phone.

"Just no romance please" I laughed plopping myself down next to her.

"Speaking of romance... what do you think Niall and Candy are doing right now"

I grabbed a pillow and threw it at her face.. this is exactly why I said no romance.

"Seriously Desi this is supposed to distract me from that" I groaned

"You know she's just jealous of you" Desi said not moving her attention from her phone

"Of me? What are you crazy!" I laughed shocked that she would even think that

"I'm serious" she now pulled the phone away sending me a serious face hinting she wasn't joking "You're closer to Niall then anyone"

"We are just friends" I corrected her

"You are closer then friends. You know that." She wiggled her eyebrows at me. I rolled my eyes back at her "You've been friends since you were younger and have been through a lot. No one can take what you two have away. "

"I just don't understand why she would be jealous of me? I'm an absolute ugly mess. I just got out of a relationship that I put five years into, only to get my heart ripped out of my chest. Literally." I throw my hands in the air in anger letting them fall on stomach.

"Bella" she scooted closer to me wrapping an arm around my shoulder. I let my head rest on hers. "You are the sweetest souls I have ever met. I've never heard you say one bad thing about anyone. Even the man that walked all over you. Hell I am jealous of this right here" she placed a hand over my heart "You're big ass caring heart"

I smiled slightly trying to hold in my tears. Desi was always blunt. Always saying what was on her mind. So when we got these rare heart to hearts it was nice.

We sat there in silence. As Desi kept one hand on my heart the other scrolling through her phone.

Me and Niall did have something special. I wasn't doubting that. I was doubting the fact that Candy could be jealous of me. She was beautiful. Thin and confident. Where as I was the complete opposite.

I sighed letting out a slight laugh" Did you pick a movie yet."

"Yeah there's this one about a dog? Or something about a basketball team?"  She squinted at her phone

"I guess were going with the dog one" knowing we both can't understand sports.

"Good choice they are usually sad anyways. I need a good tear jerker"
I laughed sitting up and pulling my hair up into a mess bun.

"Well let's go before we miss this sad sappy movie"

After the movie Desi dropped me off at Niall's house.

"You want me to walk you in?" She threw a piece of leftover popcorn in the air before catching it in her mouth

"No" I shook my head laughing. "I'll be fine. I'm not scared of her"