Fifty Five

Today was the day I get my stitches removed. Finally. My stomach wasn't healed fully but I hoped getting these stitches out would make me feel better.

I stood in the kitchen sipping my morning cup of coffee before anyone else woke up. Covered in the sweatshirt I was wearing I felt warm and happy. A felling I missed.

A felling that was growing inside me the more I spent with Niall. I still haven't told him how I felt. It needed to happen soon. Or I know I was going to loose him again and that was the last thing I wanted.

"What are you doing up so early" Niall's voice called behind me startling me. I could tell he just woke up. As he was wearing his tracksuit bottoms and a simple Nike shirt.

"Oh sorry" I sat down my cup of coffee pulling my sweater over my hands a nervous habit I had. "Did I wake you?"

"No you're quiet as a mouse" he laughed reaching for the fresh pot off coffee I brewed

"Your welcome" I joked motioning to the coffee.

He turned to me smiling and handing me my cup again. "What are you up to today?" He asked again

"I have a doctors appointment this morning..." I started sipping my coffee

"Shit Bella I completely forgot... I'll free my schedule and take you" he pulled his phone from his pocket quickly typing away

"No" I snatched his phone away making him look up at me. His under eyes still puffy from sleep "It's alright Niall. You don't have to do everything for me.... Desi is driving me anyways. She's going to drop me off before her date with Aidan and pick me up after. No worries"

I smiled shoving his phone back into his front pocket. He shifted on his feet unfortunately causing me to raise an eyebrow over my coffee cup.

"Ummm" he ran his fingers through his hair. Why was he nervous? "Well then I need to text Desi and tell her I'm taking ya"

I rolled my eyes watching him pull his phone back out. I guess I was giving in. I don't feel like throwing a fit this early.

"You don't need to go by yourself anyways" he mumbled typing a text to Desi

"I hate you" my smile hidden by the coffee cup on my lips.

I didn't hate him. I hate how much he was making me love him.

"I'm nervous" spilling out as I sat next to Niall in the waiting room chair. My hands shaking as my fear of doctors was taking over.

"Look at me" he gripped my chin forcing me to look up at him "you're going to be fine. You've handled so much worse and are stronger then ever. You can do this. Plus you can squeeze my hand as hard as you would like" he took my hand making me laugh quietly

"Why are you being extra sweet today?" I asked making him smile and look away

"No reason" he shook his head looking down at his lap

"Arabella" a nurse called making me jump

I got up from my seat starting to walk towards the nurse. When I feel a hand grasp mine.

"You got this" Niall whispered in my ear making my nerves for the doctors calm a bit. But making something else spark inside me.

"Oh sorry" the nurse stoped us at the door "only family allowed in the room"

"I'm her boyfriend" he said confidently with out letting me think.

"Alright then right this way" the nurse said leading us to a room. "Someone will be right in" she smiled before shutting the door behind her.

I pulled my hand away slapping Niall's chest "Boyfriend eh?"

"Well it got me back here" he smiled big rubbing the spot I just slapped

"You're ridiculous" I rolled my eyes before sitting on the exam table.
Niall laughing as he sat down on the chair next to me. My leg began bouncing nervously.

"Stop" Niall placed a hand on my knee making the bouncing stop.

"I'm fine" I lied

He sent me a soft smile. Just as a knock rang through the room.

"Hello Bella" a familiar voice cheered. I looked up seeing the same nurse from my hospital days. I remembered her familiar face as she told me how much Niall cared for me.

"Hey" I smiled as I reached out shaking her hand with a smile.

"And Niall" he stood to shake her hands as well "glad to see your still taking care of her"

"Of course" he cheered "she's been through a lot, she deserves someone to look out for her"

The nurse sent me a smile making me blush suddenly.

"Alright well lay back Bella. We will get this over with quickly ok?"

I did as I was told laying back on the table. The more fumbling with something on the counter. Niall stood next to me. "You got this" he mouthed down at me.

"Ok I'm just going to pull up your shirt here" I felt the cold breeze on my stomach as she examined my stitches. "Looks wonderful. You healed great Bella. There may not even be a scar"

"See? You have nothing to be worried about" Niall said

"Nothing" the nurse agreed as I felt her snip a few stitches without warning

I drew a breathe in squeezing my eye shut. My anxiety taking over as my body tensed up.

"Just relax. It will just feel a little awkward but you shouldn't feel any pain"

I felt another stitch being pulled out making me wince and turn my face the other way. My hand began searching for Niall's on the table. When I found it I intertwined our hands.

After the sound of snipping I felt another stitch being pulled out.

"Almost done. Hang in there sweetheart" Niall
cooed. His thumb tracing my fingers as I feel him brush the hair from my forehead with his spare hand. My eyes still wired shut.

"All done" the nurse said pulling my shirt back down with a pat "You did awesome Bella"

I opened my eyes to see Niall smiling above me. Making me want to hide my face as I blushed. I was so embarrassed.

"Thank you" I began sitting up but Niall placed a hand on my back helping me.

"You're welcome Bella" she grabbed her things before turning back to us "You're free to go... I wish you well" she sent me her familiar wink before walking out the door.

"What was that about?" Niall asked as we walked back down the hallway hand in hand as he was supposedly my boyfriend.

"Oh nothing" I lied not bringing up our conversations the hospital "I think she has a crush on you" I said laughing to myself