Newbie

I think it all started when I was young. For as long as I can remember I wanted to be able to change the world. Very few people took me seriously, but yet I worked as hard as I could from elementary school to high school. I maintained a 4.0 GPA, played many sports, spent many hours volunteering, being a part of every club, was head of the student newspaper. It wasn't a surprise when I went to an ivy league, what was surprising to everyone was my major, political science with a minor in journalism. I was at the top of my class there and then after graduation, I worked for a small law firm, dealing with PR. I had an old friend that was working on the trail. She had called me when things started to go south and they needed help. She told me that I could handle this, that I wouldn't filter the things that were being filtered. I arrived on a nice Wednesday afternoon, well it was nice when I arrived but got bad the moment I stepped foot in the conference room. The governor and his team were there trying to figure out how to win the next state, if I remember correctly it was Nevada. He and the many staffers gathered around the table, trying to figure out what the next move would be. They needed many moves placed together to be able to gain the points they needed. 
"How about you and your wife stop acting like you love each other and start loving each other, speaking of, where is she?" I said. I said something that nobody else would. you could tell that it had all been on their minds but someone finally had the balls to say it. "The people want a president, a first family they can trust. So when it looks like you and your wife are purposely avoiding each other doesn't do great things for your approval rating." 
"I' m sorry, but who are you?" He asked with a very confused look that washed over his whole face. 
"Oh yes very rude of me to not introduce myself, my name is Emma, Emma Ponds. I know Ally over there. She decided that you're team needed someone to say all the stuff they wouldn't and also to help win you this election." 
"Yeah you not introducing yourself was the rude part of that. I didn't hire you, and seeing as you insulting both me and my wife I'm going to have to ask you to leave," his weight started to shift between his feet. He was starting to become uneasy and uncomfortable. 
"It was what you needed to hear, and frankly if you want to win this election and become the next president it would be best if I stayed. 
"With all due respect-"
This man was already getting on my nerves, "Fine, if you want me gone then I will go. best of luck to you and your campaign Mr. Governor," I started to walk out rather quickly when I heard heavy footsteps following behind me. By the time I made it to the door he was right behind me. I opened the door and he followed me through it. He shut the door behind us so his staff wouldn't hear our conversation. I stopped dead in my tracks and turned to face him. His face was much softer than what it had just been. The look on his face was almost sad. 
"She's away," he said towards me.

"I'm sorry?" I said towards him. 

"My wife, you asked where she was, and that's my answer. She is supposed to be on a girl's trip, some sort of spa weekend but it felt like a lie. She isn't the type to do spa weekends, so honestly, I'm not sure anymore. I'm sorry for telling you to leave, we really need your help and would be honored to have you stay." 

"Okay, that's something we can work with," I said towards time. He was looking for something in my eyes. Maybe an approval of some type. "Thank you for apologizing, we better get started, we have a lot of work to do." 

He was in front of the doorway and wouldn't move.
"You promise that you won't tell anyone what I told you. You also have to promise to stay, and to make me win." His voice was still soft, I figure that once we go back into that room he would go back to being serious. 
"Yes, sir I will stay and I will try my hardest to make you president. How about you show me to my room so I can put away my luggage then we will get to work," I put a hand on my suitcase at the same time he did. "Oh don't worry I can't handle my own stuff."
"No I insist, you're going to make me president," He said with the most beautiful smile and small laugh I've ever seen.
"Okay, lead the way then"
We walked to my room in silence. It wasn't weird or uncomfortable, but it was nice and peaceful. 
"Okay so I'll put this in my room and I'll meet you downsta-" I was starting to open my door when he pushed me into my room. He placed his hands on my cheeks and pressed his lips against mine. It was soft, he was testing out the waters, I kissed back. I had no idea why I kissed back, it was going to get me in deep water at some point, I kissed back because I felt sparks. But he was married, not only was married he was trying to become the leader of the free world. I put my hands on his chest and pushed him away.
"No, you're married. You running for president. I work for you now." I said trying to catch my breath.
"You're going to tell me that you didn't feel anything." 
"No, I didn't feel anything, I'm sorry but we should get to work." 

We made our way back downstairs to get started at work. I tried my hardest to focus on my work, but I couldn't stop thinking about how his lips felt on mine.