drinks

I had finally made it home, I was able to kick my shoes off and get out of my uncomfortable pantsuit. Once I sat down on the couch there was a knock at the door. Just as I thought I had made a clean getaway from the office. I had no idea who would be- oh shit, the president, drinks. I forgot, I was so ready to go home and go to sleep but I asked him if he wanted a drink. Stupid me, why would I do this to myself? Okay, open the door it's been like a solid minute of you just standing here. He is probably about to leave, okay, here we go, 3, 2, 1.
"Emma, did you forgot about me?" Jack said as soon as I opened the door. I let him in and we made our way to the counter to sit down.
"I'm going, to be honest, and say yes. I was just tired and I wasn't even thinking so I just left. Like I do every day," a fake gasp came from his mouth.
"I'm very hurt that you could just forget about me."
"I won't do it again," I smiled at him. "Well now that you are here. How about that drink. I have wine, beer, or scotch."
"Beer is fine thank you," I grabbed one of the few beers I had in the fridge, popped the lid, and handed it to him. They may have been there just for him but we will ignore that for now. I poured myself a glass of wine and we back to the seat by him. We said cheers and both took a long drink of our drinks.

"How did you even escape the prison?"

"I do what I want," he looked over towards me. "How was your visit home?"
"It was very nice, a little hectic but it wouldn't be my family without crazy. How was the Christmas party, really?"
"I would love to meet them one day. Especially your dad, you know the whole 'I voted for him and I love him' and it was fine. Could have been worse if Hanna didn't go but you put her in her place and made her go."
"Jack, you know that probably will never happen. and besides my father and grandmother, you don't have a lot of supporters in my family or my town so I'm not sure how well that would go over. and I was just doing my job."
"Always just doing your job. Do you have fun? Literally ever?"
"Yes I have fun," I said with a small chuckle. "Would you like another?" I said standing up. I had finished mine and was getting up to pour myself another glass.
"Sure might as well," he said, "I never see you go out and have fun. I only see you working or here at home drinking and going to sleep."
I handed him his beer and sat down. "I don't think you are really supposed to see me outside of work. Unless you are stalking me. Is there something I need to know?"
"No, I'm not stalking you." He started laughing. "But let's just say if I wanted to I could." His laugh was real. A laugh I haven't heard from him in a long time, it was contagious. I started laughing too. This is what we needed. A break from the outside world. The hectic world that he runs.
"Thank you," he said looking at me.
"For what?" I said looking at him then looking back to my glass.
"For taking me away from the crazy world. For bringing me into this bubble and making me forget. Even if it was just for a few hours." He brought his hand to my chin and lifted my head to make us make eye contact. I knew what he wanted to do. Honestly, I had wanted it to, I had been fighting it so hard. I'm going to regret this. I placed my small hands on either side of his face and moved in quickly. It was a short but powerful kiss. I pulled away and looked into his eyes. They were staring back at me. Trying to read me, and understand what I was thinking at that moment. He leaned back in. He kissed me with passion. It was slow and hot. He stood up and picked me up with ease. Soon we were in my room. Our drinks were long forgotten in the living room.
"Jack..." I said as he moved to my neck. "We shouldn't."
He hovered over me and looked into my eyes.
"We shouldn't. but I want you. and I think you do too." he started kissing down my stomach.
"You're married."
"I love you," he moved lower.
"You have a family."
"I love you. I want you. say it and I will stop right here and walk away," he reached my pants.
"Don't stop."