new position?

Since that day he consumed every thought I had.
I'm so stuck between going back to working for him and staying as far away as I can. I know I still love him and that's the problem. If I go back now I don't think I could control myself, but it's killing me to not see him. I decided to call the one person that could tell me.
"Hi grams," I say to my grandma after she picked up on the third ring.
"Hi, sweets. How are you?" She said I could tell she had just gotten home from her nightly walk. That lady could do anything she put her mind to even at 75.
"I'm okay, I just need some uh well advice," I said trying to find the right words.
"Is it about that job of yours?" She questioned. She was very proud of how far I've come. She knew I had quit at the White House. We didn't talk much about why but she knew that I needed a break. "Well, your old job. I always wondered why you quit."
"Yes, it is. With re-election coming up they want me back on the trail but I quit for a reason and I'm not sure if I can go back. I'm worried that if I go back bad things would happen. I'm happy now, but I have this degree that I worked so hard for and now I'm a barista. I just don't know what to do. I really loved working there but I'm really enjoying the calmness of not working there."
"If you really didn't want to go back you wouldn't even have to think about it. Honey, I can't tell you what's right and wrong to do with your life but you know what you need to do. You were running the White House, you were helping run the world. You do have that degree and you are so so smart."
"You're right. I know what I need to do I'm just scared to admit it."
"You'll get there soon. I'm not sure what it is or why and I won't pry, but if you want to tell me you can. If not today then maybe one day."
"Thank you. For everything. Listen I have to go but I'll talk to you soon. I love you grams"
"Okay, sweetie. I'll talk to you later. I love you too."

She was right I knew what I needed to do. I was scared out of my mind but I knew. I was going back to the White House. This may be the worst decision of my life. It could possibly be the best decision of my life. I don't know what to expect. He said he was divorcing her. How would she react? All these questions were running through my head and I wasn't sure where to start. I had his number but I wasn't ready to talk to him directly yet. There was another person I could call.

"Hello?"
"Hi, James."
"Emma! Honey, I've missed you!"
"I've missed you too. It's been a while, a little too long. How are you?"
"It's been too long. I'm doing fine. You know a little stressed but I suppose that comes with the job. How about you? Where are you working now?"
"That's good to hear James. Don't stress yourself out too much I wouldn't want to send you into cardiac arrest. Just a little coffee shop about two blocks from my apartment."
"Are you trying to call me old? I have a perfectly healthy heart, thank you very much." he chuckled a little.
"No of course not," I let out a laugh. "I'm glad your heart is good. Listen I called to talk to you about something."
"Yeah?" you could hear his tone shift. He was weary.
"Jack came to visit me at work the other day. He offered me my position back. He wants me to come back for the trail. I've been thinking about it. I just think-"
"Did he tell you about him and Hanna?"
"Yes he did and I'll believe that one when I see it with my own eyes. But I just think... I think I need to come back. I think this coffee shop isn't for me."
"Good Emma. Very good. You know nobody can do it like you."
"Thank you, James. I just don't know how to go about it. When I left they took my pass. Can you get me on the grounds tomorrow? I need to speak with him."
"I could, Yes. What time? Say 9 am?"
"Yes, James that's perfect. Should I except you in your office tomorrow?"
"Of course anything for you"
"Okay, James well I know you're a busy man so I better let you go and I'll see you tomorrow."
"Bye, Emma"

With that, I heard the click of him hanging up. I let out a deep breath and set my phone on the coffee table in front of my couch. It had been a long day and it was just entering the afternoon. I knew that tomorrow would be just as long. I was seeing him again. I decided to get all my things ready to go into the White House. I'm not sure how quickly I would resume my position. I decided to get my computer to draft a letter for the press about resuming my position. I know they would ask questions about my absence and my return. Nobody saw either one of these coming. This might be shocking for the whole world. I suppose we will find out how everyone reacts tomorrow.