bunker II

I finished doing my makeup and started on my hair. Since I didn't have a lot of time I only had a few products for both. I was able to give my hair a light curl. The next step was calling my family. I needed to take a few deep breaths before dealing with them. I knew my mom and she was going to be mad. Here goes nothing I suppose.
I rang my parents first. I may only call them they can tell the others or you know to see it on the news.
"Hello?" my mom said.
"Hey ma, how are you?"
"I'm good. How are you today? I didn't see you yesterday for the press release."
"I'm... stressed. Yeah, there's a reason. I'm not going to beat around the bush on this. I need
to tell you something and you can't interrupt until I'm done, okay?"
"Okay..."
"There has been a credible threat against me, the chief of staff, and the president. We are currently in protective hiding. I can't tell you where but the FBI and others are looking into it and into the person. I will be doing a press release here in the next 30 minutes to an hour. I just wanted to let you know before I go on national television and tell the world. You're the first one I've told. I can call grams and everyone else or you can text or call them or you can just leave it and they will see it on TV. Just let me know sooner rather than later because I will have to check the text before you send it out."
"Are you okay? Who are you with? Where are you? How long will you be in hiding?" I started to drown her out. I heard the door click and it was James. I put a hand up telling him to wait a minute. He had a paper in his hand. I'm assuming it was my press release.
"Okay, mom slow down. Yes, I'm fine. I'm with the first family, and the Chief of staff and his family. I can't tell you where I am. I'm not sure how long I will be here. But don't worry about telling anyone. But listen James is here with my press release. I have to go but I can call you after I'm done."
"Okay be careful honey. I love you. bye-bye"
"Yeah okay. Love you too. Bye."

I held out my hand after I hung up for James to put the paper in my hand.
"Everything that is here has been approved so whenever you are ready we can go."
"James I told you I would write it myself. You didn't have to do this."
"You looked stressed and we need to get this out there so by the time you wrote it and got it approved. I just helped speed up the process. Are you okay, is jack okay, are the two of you okay?"
"Well thank you then. I'm okay, just worried. My mom of course asked about 17 million questions. And I couldn't give her an answer because either I don't know or I actually can't tell her. Jack is fine. I mean he looks fine on the outside. That's his job though, is to look fine no matter what is going on. It's hard sometimes to get him to open up. We aren't we. Just me and just him. You know that James. About the bathroom... he was just checking in on me. Like you are now, I broke a little and he has right there for me to lean on. I would've done the same thing if you were there."
"Friends don't look at friends that way."
I let out a deep sigh. "I know you're right. And you are right. You do see something but I came back on one condition. There are times where I wish I didn't do that. There are times I wish I would have stayed away but I can't. He's like this magnet. He pulls me to him and I can't get away." I looked into James' eyes. "I love him, James."
"But?"
"But I'm scared. As I said, I had one condition but I've broken that condition. But I can't let him love me while he is still married. It's wrong not only for him personally but the state of the nation. I'm also worried that he won't actually do it. That he and Hanna won't actually get a divorce. You know how many times he has promised me that it's going to happen. But that's beside the point let's get this press release done. I need a drink."
"I know Emma," he pulled me into a side hug. "Me too, lets get this done and have one together."
I gave him a tight smile. Trying to make sure I didn't panic as I went to record the video.

James stood up and reached his hand out to me. I accepted it and stood up. I fixed my dress and took a last look at myself in the mirror. Good as it's going to get I supposed. I walked into the hallway where there was a single camera and a podium. They hit record and gave me the go-ahead. I took a breath and it was go time.

"Good afternoon, late last night there was a creditable threat against myself, the president, and the chief of staff. The FBI is currently investigating. For our safety, we are in a non-disclosed location and will be here until the FBI gives the all-clear. Myself, the first family, and chief of staff, and his family thank you for your support. All other updates will be given from either the FBI director, the president, or myself. Thank you."

I walked away, calmly. I went back to my room. I need that drink, I looked in the kitchen for something and there was nothing. How could a bunker have no alcohol? I bet Jack had alcohol in his kitchen. I went and knocked on his door.

"I need a drink and there's no alcohol in mine."
"Uhh well come in and we will see if there is any here," Jack said with a smile.
I saw a bottle of wine sitting on the counter and I pointed to it. He nodded his head and reached towards the glasses but I was already drinking out of the bottle.
"Oh... guess you don't need these," he said laughing.
I heard Hanna walk into the kitchen so I sat down then bottle and he handed me a glass.
"Hi Hanna, how are you?" I said trying to be polite.
"As good as one gets while being in a bunker." She gave a small laugh. Maybe she wasn't mad at me. At least not for now, "How about you?"
"Yeah, same. We didn't have anything to drink so I came to barrow a glass of wine."
"One of those days?"
"Yeah, I just got done recording the press conference and once it airs I just know my family will be calling because I only told my mom and she freaked out. I'm also tired because someone tried to wake me up at 6 this morning." I shot a side-eye towards Jack. Followed by a small laugh.
"Oh, James let you sleep until 9. I think you're fine," he said giving a laugh. Even Hanna laughed.
"Why don't you, James, and Blaine come down for dinner?"
"Yeah totally. I'll just go down and get them and change, save some wine for me!"
"Okay see you soon," she said to me with a smile.

Oh, how bad things could have been. I went back and told James the plan. I changed into a t-shirt, leggings, and tennis shoes. Then we went back to have dinner with the first family.