inauguration night

We had many meetings during the two months leading up to the inauguration. Most were quick and painless, a few were troublesome just due to Jack always looking at me with those eyes. He didn't care who was in the room, or who was looking at us. He would just stare and I think if we let him he would never stop. But we had lots to do, from picking his cabinet, to small paint details. 

Inauguration day came quicker than we expected. It felt like one day I was starting on the trail and the next I was moving my things into my new office. During the transition everything ran smooth. The last president was very helpful ad easy in the transfer of power. Nothing could have prepared me for being on the stage. It was mindblowing, being up there was probably the best day of my life. 

Up next was the inaugural balls, we had to go to at least three at the request of the president. It was apparently get out there, mingle, and let the people know about us. Learn who would be in their white house for the next four to eight years. I had gone to two and decided that I needed a break. I could skip one and go to the one after. This day had been so long already and my feet were killing me from the heels. I was sitting in my chair behind my desk when my phone started to ring, "Hello?" 

"Come to the oval," he said quickly. I knew he had a few drinks, the day was stressful and he needed to relax, we all did. I got up from my desk, slipped my shoes back on, and made my way to the oval office. I was going to THE oval office.I was still shellshocked, it was hard to believe that I was working in the white house. I was working for the president of the United States of America. I wasn't going to say no going to the oval office, even if I knew that it could end bad. 
"Good evening sir," I said with a smile.
"We made it, Emma. You and me. Look where you're standing. You're standing of the official seal in the oval office. DId you think that you would ever be here?" He said with that amazing smile.
"I don't know, It's crazy to think that if it weren't for some friend I made in college that I would still be working at some law firm. But Jack we all did it. You, me, Hanna, James, We all worked so hard, we worked together to get you here. It doesn't matter about me, I'm just a small role, you are the main person here." I said looking towards him, staring back towards me were those eyes. 
"But if it weren't for you, If you hadn't come when you did, none of use would be here today. You wouldn't be standing there, I wouldn't be standing here," he was standing up and making his way towards me.
"Of course, like I said I'm very good at what I do," he kept coming close. Everything had felt like it was moving in slow motion. My back was toawrds his desk, I was trying to take in all the views of the very large, very oval room. 
"Yes, you are very good at what you do," he whispered in my ear. "Think about what else you could be very good at, think of how good you would be on this desk."
His large hands were other side of me, placed on the desk. 
"Sir," I placed my hands on his chest. This seemed to be a regular position for us two. "I only said yes to working for you because I am good. Not so you can keep undressing me with your eyes."
"I want to undress you here and now."
"No, sir," he was getting closer. I could smell the tequila on his breath. "You and I both know why we can't do this. How many people it would ruin, How bad it could be for your just starting career." 
"Emma..." he said, pushing against me, starting to lay light kisses along my neck. 
"Jack...no we can't," and that's when it happened.
He kissed me. Very soft again, he still was trying to test the waters and tread lighty. I pulled away, I was looking into his eyes. He was looking for awnsers in my eyes, it had felt like a staring contest to figure out if we could contiune. I'm not sure how or why but I think my body to over by itself, I kissed him back softly like he had done to me but then I kissed him hard. He helped me onto his desk. Things were happening quicker then I was expecting. He was sliding my panties from under my dress while I undid his belt. Our lips never left each others, like we had been starved for so long. About as quickly as it started it was over, we both knew that this had to fast but it was hot. I knew what I had just sone was a mistake, I collected myself and got off the desk. 

"Jack that can never happen again, it was a mistake." 
"Emma... I love you," he made the way to his couch. He was trying to catch his breathe. He sat down on the couch, and leaned back. 
"No, you don't love me, you love hanna. Do you understand? Just because you were voted president doesn't mean it can get taken away. You get caught, we get caught, with me or anyone,  doing anything they will impeach you and I have worked too damn hard to let you throw it all away."
"Of course, but Emma..." he was trying to get a word in.
"Do you love her? Did you ever love her?" I said sitting opposite of him.
"I love you," he said looking deep into my eyes. "I have for a long time and I probably always will."
"No, your wife. You love your wife and if you have lie until you die then so be it."
He got up and moved to get the tequila, that is not what he needed right now. 
"Sir, you've probably had enough tonight."
"You're right. You can go, you need to go home. I'm sorry Emma, you're right, it was a mistake and it won't happen again. 
I could hear the sadness in his voice.
"Sir," I said
"Yes?"
"I'm not."
"You're not what"
"I'm not sorry this happened. If I'm being honest ever since that first day I knew it would be a fight because I fell in love with you sir. But I can't be with you. I can't be with you because you are married, I am friends with your wife, you are the leader of the free world, I work for you. I can't be in love with you as much as it pains me," I said I could feel the tears building up in my eyes.
"I don't love her, I haven't loved her in a long time, since before you, trust me. I want a divorce," he set the glass down, he made his way towards me, then sat down right beside me. 
"So you can become a one-term president. No sir, absoulty not, with all due respect-"
"You know," he said with a small smile. "whenever you say 'with all due respect' it normally means someone, not very respect full."
"Yes sir. I just have to put that in just in case someone gets upset, I think it makes it better."
"And really, 'sir'. what have I told you."
"I don't care how many times you've told me to call you Jack when we are working it is sir or Mr. President."
"I like Mr. President. that's hot," his hand was sliding up my thigh.
"Jack, stop."
"I like that too" his hand didn't stop.
"Jack..."
"Emma..."
"Stop. Jack stop. I'm going to get up. Walkout that door and go home. We have a big day tomorrow."
"Okay. okay yeah. goodbye Emma."
"Goodbye Jack." 

I walked out of the oval office. I had skipped my last ball but nobody needed to know. They especially didn't need to know why I missed one in the first place anyways. I just needed to sleep and process what happened.