election day

It was finally election day, the long wait was over. This was the day we had been waiting for, we had worked for months to get here, to win this election. This was the only day that mattered. It was a very early start, by 4 AM my phone was ringing as a wake-up call from the governor. I finally got up, got coffee, and made it to the suite where he, Hanna, and the chief of staff were waiting for me. 
"Sorry I'm late, coffee," I said with a smile. I handed them all their cups and sat down at the table looking at the final numbers from the night before. I heard someone walking up behind me.
"So, what do you think," he said as he sat down. he smiled at me with that smile that would make anyone weak. "Do you think we are going to win this?"
"I think that it could be very possible but I don't want anyone to get their hopes up sir."
"Again with the sir," he said in a hushed tone. It was so low that barely even I could hear it. "say. my. name."
"Now is not the time for that. Your wife, the rest of our team is a few feet away." I said glancing at Hanna. Hanna and I had started to become friends. It made me feel like a bad person, I'm not sure why, nothing happened between me and Jack. It's just the way he continued to look at me, either she didn't care or she was blind. 
"Okay fine. I'm going to go check in with Henry and the votes should start coming in soon."
"Okay, I will be here waiting for them," I finished my coffee and turned on the tv to see what they were pre-reporting. It looks really good for Jack but the media could be wrong, they are often wrong more times than right. We were able to find ways to come up in the polls across the board. He would make an amazing president, one of the best. I heard my computer chime. The first county came in and it was a good sign. 
"Yes! The first county is for you," I said looking at him. "But we have to wait for more counties, one county doesn't control the rest of the nation" 

As more and more states started rolling in. The purple states were turning blue, the flip states were going towards us. This became good quickly, Florida was blue, which almost locked it in. We still needed Ohio and all the regular blue states from the west. waiting on Ohio felt like it was going to take years, Ohio was BLUE.
"YES! OHIO IS BLUE. WE WON OHIO" I jumped out of my seat when the polls came in. I had no idea what else to expect, I knew we would be able to do. I had slight tears in my eyes when I looked at him. He did it, we all were able to do it. He came over and hugged me.
"Thank you, I know you are excited but we still have a lot of the country to wait on." This day was going to take forever. 
"While that is true, it looks hopeful right?"
"Yes, it looks hopeful"
"See then," he got closer to me. And in a low whisper, "we might have to celebrate later ton-"
"No, sir. Respectfully, you're wife, and presidency," I took in a deep sigh, "just no."
"With a bottle of champagne with everyone if you would have let me finish," he said. I gave him a side-eye. I knew what he meant and he was just trying to cover his tracks.