bunker

It was James' 6 am alarm.

"Turn it off," I mumbled. As I rolled over and stuck my head under a pillow. It's not like we could go anywhere or do anything, so why can't I sleep in. At least until 8 like come on. If they were going to make me get up this early I might as well let the threat kill me.
"Emma you need to get up. We have work to do," I felt james shake my leg a little. He then tried to pull at my blanket slightly. I held on to the blanket. Over my dead cold body would he take my blanket.
"Why? It's not like we can go anywhere or do anything. I get I have to do a press release at some point, but not at 6 am," I had put my head back on top of my pillow but my eyes were still closed and I was still holding on to my blanket.
"We have to be briefed and get ready and yes you have to deal with press. So up and at em," I pried my eyes open. I gave him a sharp glare.
"Two words. Fuck. No." I closed my eyes again and pulled my blanket over my head. "You go to the meeting and then you can come back here, wake me up at a reasonable time, and update me."
"I hate how stubborn you are sometimes emma. Fine if that's what you want. You know he will be mad at you."
"Oh well," I turned back over and started to slowly drift to sleep. I heard James and his husband both leave. I knew that Blaine was going to be with the first family while James met with Jack. Right before I fell asleep I heard the door open again and footsteps towards me. A swift tug of my blanket and it was almost completely off of me.
"James I already fucking told you..." I sat up and faced towards him. It wasn't James. I messed up. It was Jack... well shit. "Sorry I thought you were James. I'm going back to sleep. You can give James the report and I'll deal with press in a few hours. I need my beauty rest because someone kept me up late. Now give me my blanket back or I will kill you and make it look like and accident." I said giving him that same cold stare I gave James earlier. He let go of my blanket and sat down on the edge of my bed.I grabbed my blanket and wrapped back up before he could try and take them again. He brushed the hair out of my face as I got situated.
"Now my sweet emma, you know it's illegal to threaten to kill the president. I wouldn't want to have to punish you for that. I know you were just kidding but if someone else heard you they might get the wrong idea and what would we do?" He had this smoothing tone. But something about it gave me knots in my stomach. This feeling, this is what he did to me and I couldn't help it.
"Well it's not the first time this week someone wanted you dead. I'll just be careful to who i say it around." After I said that he gently laid a kiss on my head.
"If you insist then you can go back to sleep princess. Myself or James will update you in a couple of hours."
"Okay," I said looking at him. He got up and head towards the door. I was watching him walk away from me. I may have been checking him out a little.
He turned back towards me and my eyes shot up to connect with his. "Stop checking out my ass."
I just gave him a sleepish smile in return. I heard the door click and I soon off to sleep again.

The next thing I knew James was waking me up. I glanced at the clock and it was almost 9, much better.
"Can I wake you up now or are you going to yell at me again?"
"Yes this is much better. I'll meet you out there in a minute," I sat up and looked towards him. He gave me a nod and left. I ran my hands through my hair. I finally stood up, checked my phone. There was a few emails from different new sources. I changed, brushed my hair, and left my room. I walked out to see Jack and James sitting there waiting for me.

"So Emma..."
"Ah wait coffee first," I poured a cup of coffee and sat down. I took a small sip. "Okay continue," I looked up at them to see Jack giving me a small laugh.
"High maintenance much?" Jack was trying to be serious.
"Shh, just tell me what we are dealing with."
"It's American. So I suppose that's a plus. FBI is checking it out. We are the only ones under threat but we decided it would be best to bring our families in. You will need to do a press conference soon. I'll let you call your family first. It won't be live because I don't want press down here or you up there. Plus I don't need them asking questions that we don't have the answers to. I think that's all for now," Jack said looking towards me. I nodded my head and drank my coffee.
"Okay, well then I need to finish getting ready and call my family. Then I'll have to make a quick draft. I'll have you both look it over and I'll give the statement. It'll be within the next hour, okay?"
"Yep"
"Great"

Jack and James both said and nodded towards me. I got up and headed towards the bathroom so I could do my hair and makeup. I heard one of them get up and follow me. It was Jack. Once I entered the bathroom so did he and he closed the door. Why now, James was right out there. I mean he knew but I told him that Jack and I were nothing.

"What?" I made eye contact with him through the mirror. I started plugging in my curling iron and was getting out my makeup.
"I just wanted to check in and see how you were doing with all of this," he leaned against the wall.
"I'm fine. Just stressed and tired and worried about how my family will react. My mom will want me to come home. I also barely told her that I was coming back to work here, shes already worried enough. So we haven't done a lot of talking and I've been getting all my info from my grandma," I let out a breathe. Followed by a laugh.
"What. What's funny about that?"
"You know... my grandma was actual the one that told me to come back," I turned to face him. "I told her that I wanted to go back but I didn't know. And she told me that if I really didn't want to come back I wouldn't even think about doing it. She's never asked why I quit or why I came back. She knows we were close. I mean I... nevermind I'm rambling." I decided it was better to shut my mouth then let it slip up that I slipped up and christmas a year ago. He placed his hands on my face.
"Tell me?" He had a sweet look.
"Not today. I need to finish getting ready. Could you get me another cup of coffee please?" I gave him those eyes I knew he couldn't say no. His hands were still placed on my face.
"Okay," he pressed a kiss to my forehead. This was the second one today. Then it hit me at once. He could almost die again, I could be right there dead with him. He pulled away and stared into my eyes. I was trying to hold it together. He pulled me into a hug and I let it go. I just couldn't be strong right now. I was so scared. Not only for me, but for him, for my family.
"Okay. I'm fine now," I pulled away from him and wiped my eyes. He grabbed my chin and made me look into his eyes. Another kiss to my forehead. I pulled away and pressed a light kiss to his lips. No matter how bad I knew this could happen. I couldn't stop myself, I loved him. I love him.
"I'm sorry, thank you for letting me cry on your shoulder."
"Anything for you."

Anything for me. I knew this would hold true forever.

He walked out and grabbed me another cup of coffee. I said a small thank you and looked towards James. We made eye contact and he just slightly shook his head.