easy day

We stayed in bed for way too long. It was nearing 3 AM and I knew Hanna would be angry. Soon the press would be in the press room, and even sooner I had to be in my office. I knew he needed to go, secret service would be just as pissed that he was still here and not in a secure location.
"Jack?" I asked to make sure he was awake.
"Hmm?" he was barely awake. I wasn't even sure the noise was a response.
"You need to go, I don't want to kick you out but I know Hanna will be pissed and I have to be in 3 hours, then I have to face the press and I would rather not deal with them asking why I look like I haven't slept. Please don't make my job hard."
"I like it here. It's very warm and your bed is very comfy. Plus I never make your job hard." He started to snuggle up closer to me.
"You're about to make it hard. You really need to get up and get dressed. You think your secret service likes standing outside my door knowing what's going on in here?"
"Yeah, they might."
"Jack. I'm not joking you need to get up and go. I want to get at least some sleep before I have to come in. I'll see you in like 3 hours if I'm late I'm going to blame you."
He looked into my eyes.
"Fine, I suppose."
He finally rolled out of my bed and grabbed the clothes that were laying on the floor. After he put them on he made his way over to me. I had started falling asleep when I felt a small kiss on my forehead.
"Night Em, I love you. Sleep good, I'll see you in a few hours."
I heard the door click after a few seconds and I knew he was gone. Hopefully, he could make it back to the white house without anyoneeasy seeing him or asking questions.

jacks pov

I got to the bedroom and made my way to the closet to get out of the clothes that I was still wearing yesterday, they smelt like Emma and I never wanted to take them off. I heard Hanna stir but I kinda ignored it. I changed out of what I was wearing and into basketball shorts and a t-shirt. I would only get a few hours of sleep but that's okay, it happens.
"Where have you been?" a sleepy Hanna asked.
"Uh working," I said crawling into bed.
"This late?"
"Yeah, I had some things that really needed to be finished up. And you know with timezones and all other countries don't care what time it is here."
"Why do you smell like beer?"
"Cause I had a few. Is that a problem"
"No. Night."
"Night." It was a short conversation but I didn't want to get into it with her right now. One day we would get divorced and I would marry Emma and have her babies. But Emma wouldn't let that happen until after I'm elected for my 2nd term or even after the presidency. I love her to death but she's very bossy. I would expect nothing less from her. Seeing how good she is at her job and all. She did get me here. I quickly fell asleep and it was 6:30 way too soon. I rolled out of bed and got dressed. About the time I was ready to walk out of the bedroom Hanna was getting up.
"Bye?" She said looking at me.
"Yeah bye," I made it quickly towards the oval. I was ready to see Emma again. I got there and she was already standing by the window. I was glad we were going to get a few seconds alone. in a few large steps, I was by her.
"Good morning," I held her hand in my face.
"Morning," she said with a smile. I gave her a small kiss on the lips. After I pulled away she kissed me back. "I missed you"
"I missed you too."
"My bed got cold but it still smelt like you which was nice"
"That's good"
I grabbed another kiss before she moved to the couch soon James and Andrew came in.
"Good morning Sir. Emma. Andrew." James said with a smile. "Nothing big today. Hopefully, it'll stay that way."
"Alright, that's good. If that's all I will see you guys after lunch."
They all stood from their seats and headed towards the door. Emma looked back at me and I threw her a wink. She smiled and shook her head as she left the oval.

About an hour had passed and I heard the door open. Hoping it was Emma I smiled as I looked up. My mood was ruined when I saw it was Hanna walking it.
"You were up early for being out late."
"Yeah well, I have a country to run."
She made her way in front of my desk.
"Where were you last night?"
"Working I told you that."
"Oh stop lying Jack. Tell me where you really were."
"Hanna I don't know what you want to hear from me. I was here. Working."
"At 3 in the morning? So if I go and ask whoever was on your detail last night they would say you were here. I don't understand how you think I can believe you." At this point, we had started yelling.
"Oh put this to rest. You don't really care. You just want to find a reason to yell at me."
"You came home smelling like another woman and beer. You don't have beer in this office. I know for a fact your lying."
"Fine. I'll tell you what you want to hear, I was at emmas last night. Is that what you wanted? Are you happy now?"
She just looked at me.
"Get out of my office," I said with a harsh tone. I'm not sure why I said that to her but I did. Emma is going to kill me. Hanna walked towards the door and left with a slam. I need to tell Emma now. I made a quick phone call to her and she was quickly in my office. I was already standing by the window when she walked in.
"Hi"
"Hi. What's wrong?" she said knowing me too well.
"Okay don't get mad but Hanna came in here and asked where I was last night. I told her here but she didn't believe me. She just kept pushing and we started yelling then I kind of got mad and yelled at her and told her I was at your house."
"You did what! I'm sorry, did you think before you spoke. Apparently not. Are you serious right now? You know what this could do..." she kept talking. I could see her lips moving but I didn't hear what she was saying. I kissed her. I couldn't help myself. She looked cute mad. She needed to not worry so much, Hanna loves being the first lady and she wouldn't do anything to risk that. She pushed me away.
"No. You really think that this is the right time for that."
"Hey hey hey. Look at me. It will be okay. She doesn't know what happened. She can assume but she doesn't know anything. We will be fine. This administration will be fine."
"I can't believe you are fine with this."
"I'm fine with it because I know it will be fine." I held her hands to my heart. she looked into my eyes and took a deep breath. "Hanna won't risk anything to stop being the first lady."
"I hope so. Please don't make my job harder than it already is."
"Never"
I gave her a kiss on the forehead. She made her way back to her office and I sat down letting out a deep sigh. Today was supposed to be an easy day.