Calling You Clingy - Johnny Suh

It was a normal day, you being home as you worked only three times a week as a GP. You chose something comfortable to wear around the house as you cleaned it thoroughly, feeling satisfied with your results.

Throughout the day, you texted him, but were slightly disappointed as he read the messages but never responded, but you gave him the benefit of the doubt as he must be busy, otherwise why would he ignore you?

He came from work, tired from over practising & he went straight to bed. You were OK with it as you followed suit.

Since you were already in your pjs, you went ahead and sat inside the duvet, warming up the bed for the pair of you. As you heard him finish the shower, you decided to go check if he's okay.

You enter the lit bathroom to find your longterm boyfriend only with his towel loosely draped around his waist, the rest of him freshly coated with droplets. He was busy brushing his teeth but you couldn't resist being so far from him so you closed the space between the two of you.

He grunted as he felt your warmish skin against his, but you didn't stop. So what if he's wettening your clothes? You'd choose your boyfriend's embrace over anything in the world.

As he spat out the toothpaste, he also spat out, "Get off me."

Puzzled, you did so but proceded to stay still.

"What's wrong love? Did I upset you somehow? Or was your day so horrible you must make me feel horrid too?" You commented. Your comments were laced with sarcasm towards the end, because even if you love him, you won't allow him to overstep his boundaries.

"Listen, I don't have time for this. I am simply too overworked and just don't have the patience to sugarcoat my day. Yes, it was awful. Let's leave it at that."
He pushed past you and into your shared bedroom, and tucked himself in the sheets without sparing you a goodnight or a little kiss like he usually does.
This stung but you decide to not let it get to you.

I'll allow it this once, poor guy must be too tired. He'll apologise in the morning, it's fine.
You hate making excuses for others but with Johnny, well, he's your soft spot.

So you go to the side of your bed and seeing as his back is turned to you, you make him the little spoon - which is hard considering he's a fricking mountain and you are simply too tiny - but you do it nevertheless. And with that, somewhat uneasy, you fall asleep.

The next morning you wake up to an empty bed. Still groggy, you figure Johnny is making an apology breakfast. After all, it's Saturday and you deserve the apology. He's not one to easily break and be annoyed, so you don't worry yourself too much.

Softly you make your way into the brightened living room to hear your boyfriend's morning voice talking to someone on the phone.

You smile, just listening to his calming voice, before actually listening to what he's saying:
"Yes, I know Taeil hyung but- no, listen to me. Listen, she's too much. I don't know how we've gone for so long together, but right now she's suffocating me. She just is! Simply put, she's messaging me constantly, always needing to touch me, whether I'm tired or not, whether in public or not! I just can't go on! I need some space. Work is hard enough without her nagging me to come home for lunch or to go shopping or sightseeing when I should be relaxing. I'm just...too tired to deal with her!"

He keeps going, not realizing you're in the doorway as he has his back turned to you.

You start to silently sob, hurting and crumbling on the inside. Is this how he really feels about you? Is this his tiredness talking, or his heart? For how long has he been feeling like this?