Crazy is Normal

VANILLA POV

     "Kendal, it's time for bed. So go get your breakfast and get some rest. I'll be back on the weekend."

     "You don't have to."

     "Yes I do. I promised Buster."

     "We both missed you."

     "So I'll be back on the weekend. Remind Buster if it comes to it. Okay?"

     "Okay."

     "Chester!"

     "Yeah? You ready to go?"

     "Yeah."

     "I'll be back in an hour... Kendal."

     "Okay, thanks, man."

     "You know it."

     I have to work today. I am so tired.

     When we got here Jackson had managed to get a hold of a knife and was chasing people with it. I called Buster's name and he immediately took hold, dropped the knife and ran at me, arms out, to hug me.

     I got him to calm down and he fell asleep. Allowing Kendal to take hold.

     "What time is it, man?"

     "Seven."

     "Just drop me off at the channel six building."

     "You got it."

     I can sit in the breakroom and draw. Need to do that. I need to draw them. All of them.

     "You doing alright?"

     "Yeah, man. Tired."

     "Why?"

     "I've helped a lot of people. I almost got my stuff stolen off my person yesterday. Made miracle soup for a guy with the flu, yelled at his brothers for being asshats. And then my mom walking around the house with nothing on is scarring to say the least."

     "Ah."

     "I digress. How's the wife?"

     "She's fine. She stopped throwing up after the second trimester. So that's good."

     "That's great. I'm glad that things are starting to look up for her. I was getting worried for her and the baby."

     "I'm sorry that we're causing problems for you."

     "Not your fault. It's Jewel's."

     "Thanks, by the way. She needed to be torn into and put into place."

     "You are welcome. I've always hated her."

     "Even the people who work there hate her. If she ever quit, I would want you there in her place."

     "Why?"

     "You always had good ideas for the place. Like walking grounds in the perimeter outside. I think that's a wonderful idea."

     "Well most mental institutions have that. I would keep the grounds. I told her I would. She told me no, because keeping the equipment would be difficult."

     "Don't drive the insane more insane with everything."

     "Right?"

     "That might be why she didn't like you."

     "What? You got that vibe too?"

     "I did. But she also told me that she didn't like you. I'm pretty sure it's because you weren't crazy."