More Than Human

VANILLA POV

I made it to the house and Mom nearly lost her shit. I didn't have my key so I had to ring the buzzer to the apartment and when I told her who I was, she didn't unlock the door from there, she ran down to see me and embraced me.

Of course the cops were called and the nightly news team was called and blah blah blah. It wasn't April or Vern, and Casey wasn't put in charge of my case or anything. One of the guys brought the bag of clothes to my home and threw it on my fire escape. I didn't know which one, I just went to my room and saw the bag sitting there.

Apparently, my phone was not broken when B-Bop tossed it. It was found by the police on the roof and it was perfectly fine. Just dead.

Now, Eight days later, I was going in for my shift as a receptionist. I hadn't heard from any of them and I've ignored Donnie's attempts to reach out to me. I was just too annoyed.

Wait... Annoyed isn't the word.

I'm just a little hurt. I don't know what I did to get the hate I did from Leonardo. I mean, was I a bad guest?

"Jeez, I got a headache. And I'm suppose to see the new guard today after I get off today. Son of a bitch."

I promised Buster and Kendal that I would visit them. I didn't want them to wait too long.

I tried to brush away the thoughts as I walked into the channel six building.

As soon as I looked at the first receptionist, a familiar smaller framed brunette, I put on a smile.

"Good Morning, Alyssa."

"Awe, Hi, Nelly. You are looking cheery. I'm glad to see that you're doing okay."

"Thanks."

"Do you remember anything yet?"

"No. And nothing is wrong with me. I just remember sitting on the roof and the next thing I know, I'm sitting in an alley twelve blocks away. Don't remember a thing."

"Ah. Well the good thing is that you're here. You got lucky. A lot of girls don't get the privilege to see the light of day again."

"I must have been too hard to handle."

"You? No way."

"Eh, maybe, I don't know why else they would just toss me in an alley and drive off."

"That does make sense. Who knew."

"I got fifteen minutes. Do you want me to clock in early or can I go grab a cup of coffee?"

"If you clock in early, could you make a new pot of coffee?"

"Sure. Save you the trouble."

"I'll watch the desk until then."

"Alright."

I wonder what time April and Vern come in. Or do they have a report to make? She has been doing a lot of on scene stuff. B-Bop and Rocksteady have both been leaving a trail. Not including camera evidence, apparently.

"Hmm?"

I could see April standing in the hallway right next to the breakroom. Two hawaiian looking guys stood with her, and both were pretty tall and they both had on dark green jumpsuits and were wearing no shoes.

However, the similarities ended there. The shorter of the guys had orange hair geled to stick up... kind of like old school papa roach.

Thr other one had dark brunette, nearly black hair. Long enough to be tied back, snd he pulled it off well.