Pass Along

VANILLA POV

     "Come on, move it. Go and get Mikey in the ice bath. Go now. April, with me."

     When we got to the store, April and I went inside and grabbed what we needed, but on our way to the register, Donnie and Leo came running in and told us that Mikey's fever reached 112.

     So now it's crunch time more than before.

     "To quicken the process, and hopefully not fuck up, I need you to get the onions and mushrooms and put them in this pan."

     "Okay."

     "And sing an uplifting song."

     "Like what?"

     "Uh, Happy, somebody to love, ugly heart. It needs to sound upbeat."

     "Okay."

     "I have to get the broth started and-"

I stopped speaking as I heard footfall heading towards us..

Raph ran in seconds later, a panicked look on his face as he looked at me.

     "Vanilla, we need you upstairs."

     "I can't be two places at once."

     "Mikey says he needs your approval to get in the tub and allow us to help him."

     "Donnie said he should be in shock."

     "It dropped down to 110 again."

     "On my way, Raph. I will be right back, April."

     "Got it."

     "And I got a song you might know."

     "What?"

     "I got this feeling. Inside my bones. It goes electric, baby, when I turn it on."

     "All through my ceiling. All through my home. We flying how up in the air we in our zone. I got that-"

     There we go. Happy song, she's into it. And I can get this situation with Mikey under control.

     Out in the living room I ran to Raph and he immediately threw me to the second story before jumping up and joining me.

     He lead me down to room where a giant cartoon styled tub sat. Mikey was being held up by Leo and Donnie while Splinter stood there glaring.

     "I'm here. Now, what is the issue?"

     "Eh... She made it here... Bros, look... she made it here."

     "I did, Mikey. Now what can I do?"

     "This seems... unsafe."

     "You'll be fine. Nurse Nelly has declared this to be safe and would like you to climb in."

     "Help."

     "Your brothers are helping you."

     "Need... your help."

     "Keep hold of one of your brothers and give me your other hand, dude."

     He let go of Donnie and then super gripped my hand.

     I could feel the burning sensation seep into my hand as held onto me. His temperature was burning my hand.

Literally.

As soon as he was on the tub, I let go of his hand, curled up my hand into a fist in an attempt to hide the soon to be swell, then smiled.

     "There yah go. Now your brothers have you and I will be back with April and the miracle soup."