Chapter 2

"Are you not hungry?" Mamoru was alarmed that Usagi obviously denied to eat! It had been three times that he tried to offer her food since they arrived at his apartment. Her lack of appetite was as new to him as the fact that this little pigtailed bubbly girl he used to fight with on the streets of Juuban-Azabu was no one else but the super heroine Sailor Moon.

„Mhmmm, you know I am right now really busy with your shoulder." She replied to him highly concentrated. Mamoru sat on a stool in his bathroom. Usagi stood behind him and tried to clean the scarf carefully. „Lucky you it has not started to bleed again." While she was trying to find an appropriate bandage in his first aid kit Usagi drifted literally away.

„Its strange...for some reason I feel that the Dark Kingdom have no idea how to use the rainbow crystals. I mean, they have the collection completed now but shall there happen anything special with those crystals?
I am sorry but to be honest, I don t know why everyone search for it if it doesn't make anything spectacular such as shining or glowing or whatever?!" Usagi was rather talking into herself when she continued her search for a tape.

Luna might keep saying that the Sailor Soldiers shall find the Moon Princess and the Holy Silver Crystal but so far she never has been given any reasonable answer to what will happen exactly once all the crystals are collected.

„Mhmm perhaps there is something still missing" Mamoru frowned, his hands folded below his chin. „Like an activator in order to let the Holy Silver Crystal appear perhaps?" It was actually just a rough idea but this thought hit Mamoru like lightning: „No, I am certain that there must be an activator, otherwise the Holy Silver Crystal would have appeared right in front of me in the Starlight Tower...but there was no reaction at all when I put my rainbow crystals next to the ones Zoisite got." He grinned from ear to ear because of his awesome conclusion.

„Okay, mission accomplished I suppose." Usagi finished her treatment and took a step back in order to examine Mamorus shoulder properly. „I just can cross fingers that I have done everything right otherwise we have to carry you to a hospital" she sighed „Amy's mother is a doctor, perhaps it would be better if I'll give her a ring and make sure I have done the whole thing correct?"

"Let me have a look" he stood up and reached for a hand mirror which laid on his bathroom cabinet. Insistently he turned all around and inspected Usagis work. „Mhm, should be alright, thanks God I have a strong self healing capability" he smirked slyly and turned his attention back to Usagi. Suddenly he became aware of the fact that he was practically half naked. Even worse, he stood in the middle of his bathroom with a school girl who he just had found out that she was no one else but a super hero with magic powers.

Hectically he grasped a fresh t shirt and pulled it over. Usagis deep blush on her face just confirmed the whole awkwardness which filled up the tiny room immediately.

„That is quite a weird situation to be honest...I am really sorry that I put you into so much trouble, Usagi."

„Oh, you really do know my name." Usagi did not know what else she really could say to him since Mamoru has been no one else than her arch enemy right a couple of hours before and his new friendliness to her was unexpected and overwhelmed her.

Besides, she became more and more aware of the undeniable fact that Mamoru must have a secret identity which was kind of onehundred percent identical to a certain masked and caped superhero who was used to keep her out of danger on a regular basis.

„Speaking of real names, Mamoru..."Usagi just decided to confront him with what was going on into her mind "I think...I know who you really are, too."

Her braveness was followed by a threatening silence which entered the room all of a sudden. His reply was only a whisper from him but stirred her deep inside.

„Yes, you do and you are right." His verbal revelation lead to an unspoken agreement that both were very aware of the truth concerning their secret identities.

Suddenly pictures of encounters with both of his personalities started to pop up into Usagis mind; When they first met in front of the jewelry store OsaP. When they first met IN the jewelry store. His insults, his compliments, his taunts, his rescues, his teases, his...his...his...there was a feeling coming up in her which was not feasible to her. Everything was so overwhelming and completely...well yeah...new!

Where there was a floating tension in his bathroom in the first place, there was now a silent storm of emotions and uncertain feelings between the two protagonists. Neither of them was currently bold enough to speak out their thoughts.

"Okay, so I ll better go, it's...it's late and I should have been home by hours. You know, I have a family who doesn't have a clue of what else I do apart from sleeping, eating and going to school...soooo-"

"Yes, I think you better should do that. I understand". He could not ask her to stay, he just knew it. Mamoru never had been the type of person being open to everyone such as Motoki, so he simply was too reserved, too rational, too clueless about what was going on with his heart. Thus, he had to let her go for now.

Usagi felt slighty dizzy and stumbled out of his bathroom. Slowly she went through the living room, right to the genkan where she put on her shoes, without saying any word for the whole time.

,Is it the the right thing to do? Shall I really leave him?'

Before she opened the apartment door Usagi turned around, tried to set up a smile and eventually confessed with a quiet voice: "I really meant what I said to you in the elevator, you know, that I' ll move you up to the second place..."

He showed her the same expression as he gave her in the lift but this time she saw something different dancing in his eyes; Something dark, serious, hidden, sparkling: „Fair enough Usak...Usagi. Take care."

She closed the door behind herself and took a deep breath immediately.

'What a crazy day! My whole world has changed and nothing is the same anymore!'

She took a few steps and stood in front of the elevator. When she pushed the button she tried to confront herself with the last events

'Mamoru is Tuxedo Kamen. He really is. This is such a huge secret, how am I supposed to keep it in front of the girls? What shall I do now?'

The pigtailed teenager left the building and went home, deeply in thoughts and filled up with new emotions and feelings concerning a certain Baka.