Chapter 9

Very far away from where the two superheros were busy with revising their current relationship, there was some sort of growing anger written onto the face of a certain evil majesty.

Zoisite!" Queen Beryl growled „you told me that you got the missing rainbow crystals from Tuxedo Kamen. How come that STILL! there is no Holy Silver Crystal in sight?!"

„Her majesty" Zoisite bowed down before the red haired queen of the Dark Kingdom. „It is right I got every one of the rainbow crystals and all of them were pulled out from any of the legendary seven devils. I have seen it with my own eyes, I can assure you. There must be something I have not considered so far in order to get the Holy Silver Crystal. I am currently working out a plan. Please allow me some more time."

The general was desperate. How come the crystals didn't combine to the Holy Silver Crystal? He tried many different constellations, had thrown all of them together in the air, had put them on top of each other, had even filled them up with dark energy. Nothing. No reaction. Not even a small bit of a glow or something like this. It almost looked as if they would be complete useless glassy stones. When he grapped the missing ones from Mamoru with Kunzyte's help he was certain to create the Holy Silver Crystal immediately. When the flames he sent down to the elevator hit their target, he triumphantly clapped his hands together and went straight over to the room Kunzyte had stored the crystals in.

They were laid down on a velvet pillow and shone in any conceivable colour...but that has been pretty much it since two days now. Zoisite was nearly going insane while he tried out everything to gain the Holy Silve Crystal. Although he was aware of that it would only be an postponement of his punishment he attempted to plumb the mercy of queen Beryl by promising her a new plan. Whatever it would look like.

The queen nodded barely and underlaid her voice with an unmistakable angry warning tone „You know that this will be the last chance I will grant you, Zoisite."

"Yes my Queen. I am very aware of it and am utterly thankful that you still have trust in me. I will not disappoint you." After a further deep bow Zoisite left the throne room.

Lord Kunzyte expected him already in his chambers. „Zoisite, I am sure the Sailor Senshi will be able to help you out and give you the key promptly if you ask them kindly enough." A devilish glow laid on his face. „I can easily set up a meeting with them so you can get what you want from these brats." The general took a step closer to Zoisite and gently stroke his cheek. "I ll will not allow that you fail."

The blonde general knew that this was his last chance to avoid the same destiny which overtook one of his predecessors Jedyte only some time ago. Queen Beryl surely was merciless when someone did not meet her requirements. In comparison to him Zoisite was close to conceive the most powerful weapon in the whole galaxy. This might have been the reason the queen of the Dark Kingdom was still sort of patient with him.

If he would only have a clue how to solve this riddle? As hilarious as it sounded but the Sailor Senshi were indeed his last hope to accomplish his mission. He would make them suffer and finish these nasty brats the same way as he did with Tuxedo Kamen and this little clumsy girl who stood next to him in the elevator.

'Wait a second. Clumsy girl?!'

When the general continued his gentle stroke he quickly decided to dismiss the vague feeling he just perceived about Tuxedo Kamen's fate.

„Lord Kunzyte" he sighed deeply and confessed with a fearful look in his eyes „the most I am afraid of is to lose you. Whatever will come, I want you to know that I will do this only for you." The light grey haired general pulled him straight into his arms. He mumbled into Zoisites blonde hair softly „Be assured, we will succeed and will finish the little girls off!"