Chapter 6

Normally, Saturday mornings were one of Usagis favorite moments; There was no school so there would be plenty of  time to sleep in and no one could interrupt her laziness...apart from an upcoming Senshi meeting of course. Usagi woke up and prepared herself to leave the house as early as possible. She just did not want to be the last one again.

Luna had stayed the night at Amys house in order to analyse with her some more data concerning the Holy Silver Crystal so Usagi was free to ponder about Mamoru and what happened at the Game Crown Arcade.

She was very depressed that it simply wasn't possible talking to him yesterday since she either had been surrounded by the girls or - when she had to leave - Naru had offered her to accompany her to discuss the new version of the Sailor V game.

She did not have his phone number and neither she could not go back to his apartment, particularly not in the middle of the night. So she had no other choice than waiting to see him again somehow by coincidence. This was something she could rely on at least. Uncountable times she had bumped into him, he always seemed to come out of the woodwork.

It was fight at first sight between them; When their fortuitous encounters started he had always been hit by something she had thrown; Paper balls, shoes even twice, a dumpling. After a while though it looked as he was already lying in waiting for her.

Usagi became aware of that Mamoru was somehow connected to her social life when he saved Luna before a car hit her. He even gave her useful and honest meant advice when she was struggling with Narus crush on Neflite. He opened up to her when they were at the elevator, he even told her about his dreams there. So much had happened since they first met.

She longed to speak to him although she was not really sure why she attended such a sudden strong need. Her heart skipped a beat when she recognized his indescribable handsome silhouette yesterday and her first intension was literally running towards him...hugging him...kissing...him?!

,Oh dear God what am I thinking?! That was still Mamoru-Baka, was it?'

Usagi got off her room and went downstairs. Her mother was already up, preparing breakfast for the whole family. Kenji was in the living room and looked up from his newspapers when Usagi whirled through the hall. "Where are you up to, Usagi?"

Pointing at the school bag in her right hand, Usagi answered briefly „Good morning Papa, I'm heading off to Narus and will spend the day with learning and a little bit of shopping. I ll be home by evening. Byeee." That was another lie. 'I wonder if many teenagers do have to tell so much lies in order to have a reasonably normal life?!'

Kenji got out of the living room and met eyes with his wife. Both were in utter shock. What has happened to their Usagi throughout the last couple of days? One weekend ago, she preferred staying in her bed until noon but now Usagi was early up because of school issues?! „Errr ok Honey, take care!" was all Ikuko could call after her.

Usagi was still tired and lost in her thoughts while she was on her way to the Hikawa Shrine. So she didn't realize it when she suddenly bumped into someone and instantly fell backwards onto the ground. That was somehow quite familiar to her.

„Uh ahhh gomen! I didn't pay any attention to where I was going."

„I see, Odango." A familiar dark voice replied to her when warm arms wrapped around her waist to lift her from the pavement.

Usagi glanced up and saw directly into his deep blue ocean eyes.

"Mamoru."

It was rather a whisper and she almost lost her self control. There he was. Tuxedo Kamen. Uncaped and unmasked. Her former arch enemy who lately had become the reason for her to breath. They stood in the middle of the pavement, both staring deeply into each other's eyes. After a while - which probably took more than a little eternity - Mamoru went on by hesitantly forming a little smirk around his lips

„It's like fate that we always keep bumping into each other." His eyes darkened. Something inside him refused to let go of her but was even holding her rather tighter „I was looking for you. Usagi, we need to talk."

Usagis face blushed deeply. She cleared her throat and with an apologetic look on her face she replied: „That's what I'd love to but unfortunately I don't have time yet. I have a Senshi meeting starting in a few minutes. I am very sorry, Mamoru."

She could see a slight disappointment in his eyes dancing together with something which was not feasible to her. „Makes sense. I was up to spend some time in the park anyway. Please meet me there later okay?"

She hardly was able to hide her happiness and instantly showed him a big and thankful smile: „Sure, I will try to shorten up so we can finally...talk."

She could not help to resist the temptation hugging him at least slightly back so when she snuggled into his chest, Usagi immediately felt strong arms keeping her even closer to him in response. „Mamo-Chan" she said softly „I'll make sure that everything turns out to the good."

He was overwhelmed by her closeness but also could not deny that this new occurring feeling was as pleasant to him as his new nickname she had chosen for him. With his right hand he took her chin and lifted it up so she could see straight into his cobalt blue eyes again.

"I see. I trust you."

He smiled at her openly and let her go.

'I trust you, Usako.'

His nickname for her was currently only existing in his mind.