Chapter 4

„Moon Prism Power...Make...Up!"

In his dreams that night this sentence was yelled by her again and again, followed by Usagi, the little blonde Odango Atama who magically bounced, spinned and swirled around. In front of his eyes she finally transformed into the beautiful soldier of love and justice: Sailor Moon.

,Usagi is Sailor Moon. Usagi. Sailor Moon. Usagi.'

Mamoru woke up in his bed. He was sweated, was completely disorientated and totally messed up. Thanks to his strong healing powers he hardly noticed his injury and got off the bandage Usagi tied around his shoulder some hours ago.

That was such a weird situation in his apartment yesterday evening. She left him without any further explanation, discussion or plan. What should they do now after they found out about their true identities? She was deeply confused, he could see it in her eyes. There was something else in them though; Uncertaincy? Disappointment? Fear?

Mamoru stood up and took a long shower in order to clear up his mind. When the water fell down, its refreshing capabilities gave him the opportunity to think about this whole situation carefully.

,Usagi. I need you to trust me so we can both discover the key to the Holy Silver Crystal. Then we will find the Princess, too. That is the one and only reason I am involved into all this. Is it? Is it any longer? This night I did not dream of the Princess at all. It seems like that she has been replaced by Usagi. Usagi...I think we need to talk.'

Where it had only been a slight feeling in the first place, it manifested into a strong resolution less than a proper plan. There was no other choice for him than work together with Usagi and the other Senshi. She had to have faith in him so she could convince the other Senshi to fight together. He could only hope that Zoisite wouldn't find him before he was able to see Usagi. With these thoughts in his mind Mamoru got off the shower, dressed himself quickly and stormed out of his apartment.

When the alarm rang this morning, Usagi was already up, freshly showered, dressed in her uniform and almost up to school. She scared her mother when she flew down the stairs, grabbed her breakfast and ran out of the house by waving quickly a goodbye to her.

Naturally she was still very sleepy but she had to make sure to arrive at school on time. Thus, everyone of her classmates was completely dumbfounded when she arrived and got 15 minutes left before the bell rang.

Makoto and Amy were stood behind the entrance. Once they spotted the bubbly pigtailed girl who was about to hop onto the school yard, Makoto tried to catch her. Before she could start to speak, Usagi put her hands above her head in a prayers gesture together and cried out apologetically:

"Mako-Chan, Amy-Chan! Please forgive me that I did not appear at the Senshi meeting yesterday! I was held up by Naru who currently has a very tough time...uh ahhh...Naru, hey wait!"

Usagi ran over to Naru who had just arrived and quickly pushed her through the gate of the school building to avoid any further discussion with the Senshi. „Mako-Chan, Amy-Chan. See you later!" She waved cheerfully and showed them her typical Usagi smile.

When she passed the doors her smile changed into a sad frown. Usagi felt now much more guilty by lying to the girls than to her mother the evening before.

,O dear God, I only can hope that Naru agrees to cover up my story. She is my best friend. I should tell her what happened yesterday...well kind of at least.'

„You did what?!" -„Shhhhh" Usagi tried desperately to close Narus mouth with her hand. „No one is supposed to know and I need you to cover up for me cos neither my parents nor Amy or Mako-Chan know what really happened yesterday. Moreover, I don't want anyone to eavesdrop what we are talking about."

So far, Naru and Usagi had been the only ones in the classroom but the door was open, so it theoretically was possible that they could have been heard by someone outside.

Naru took off Usagis hand from her mouth and replied by lowering her voice „Usagi, I cannot believe that you were at Mamorus apartment! Why with him? You can't even stand that bloke?!"

„It was a fairly...ehhh...special situation. He was hurt and I wanted to help him. That's pretty much it. Nothing further happened. Really."

,Apart from the fact that he was shirtless, dangerously handsome and well yeah - let's face it - pretty sexy too. Also, he was Tuxedo Kamen.'

Currently there were a lot of lies for Usagi to cope with so she simply put on an innocent face in order to support her story of a harmless bump in with an injured Mamoru-Baka.

„Okay, I cover up for you" Naru promised eventually which gave Usagi a huge relief „but I personally doubt that nothing happened between you two at all. I do know he is very good looking and between your fights there is always a certain tension in the air." Naru chuckled once she noticed that Usagi's face turned into the colour of a ripe tomato.

„Noooo Naru. You just don't understand what I mean!" Naru continued her giggle and showed Usagi a big smile.

"Alright alright, don't worry. Let's look forward to some very boring English lessons with Ms. H."Naru laughed at her.

During lunchtime the two Sailor Senshi got the time to speak to Usagi properly about her missed Senshi meeting.

"You know Usagi, while we were at the Hikawa shrine and watched out for you, Ray sensed a huge amount of energy which came straight from the Starlight Tower. It seems like that something must have happened to the rainbow crystals. At least this is the information I got from the data analysis of my computer."

Amy exchanged a long look with Makoto and finally turned her gaze back to Usagi. „We ran straight to the tower but could not find anything there. Since there hasn't been any further action taken place by the enemy we assume that someone was able to gather all the rainbow crystals together. This is an assumption but nothing more to be perfectly honest. If anyone would have the Holy Silver Crystal yet, the source of energy would have been tremendously higher, which means, this someone was not able to create the Holy Silver Crystal as such."

„You mean something is missing in order to create it, Amy?" Usagis curious question made the genius to glare at her in utter surprise. She frowned and answered with only one word: „Exactly."

„Wow, okay. Sooo...what's next then? I mean, what shall we do now?"

"Usagi!" Naru shouted from the other side from the school yard. „Shall we meet up at the Game Crown Arcade after school? Since you did not get any detention today we could try out the new version of the Sailor V game!"

Usagi took a quick look at the girls and turned back to Naru enthusiastically: „Yeah, sure. That sounds great! I was going there later anyway cos I ll meet up with Ray, Makoto, Amy and a new friend of us."

"Oh brilliant!" Naru grinned back at the girls. „I see you both there then. Come on, Usagi. Let's go back to the classroom."

When Usagi danced away, Makoto and Amy looked at each other:

"I guess the Game Crown Arcade is a more suitable place to meet at than the Hikawa shrine" Makoto shrugged "Ray is in a very bad mood because of Usagis yesterday's non-appearance. So it's better to see her at a neutral ground."

Amy nodded in agreement and the two girls headed back into the building once the school bells started to ring again.