Chapter 10

A single sunbeam shone through her window and tingled Usagis nose lightly. By the touch of the early morning she opened her eyes gently. Followed by an enjoyable yarn she got up, stretched her arms extensively and glanced around in her room.

The pillow next to her bed was empty. Luna seemed to be up already so Usagi was kind of relieved that she did not have to tell her another lie. When Luna arrived late at home yesterday, she was almost asleep. Thus, Usagi had mentioned drowsily to her that she would be fairly busy today. With what exactly she left out in order to be on the safe side. The less lies in her life the better to live with the ones she had to tell already.

Apparently Luna was not very keen to know the reason anyway (again school girl issues she would assume) and since she left the house without letting HER know where SHE was up to, Usagi was actually happy to prepare herself for her date alone.

Ohhh yes, her date with him! She was still a bit surprised that Mamoru really asked her out when they were at the park. At the beginning it might have been a bit of an awkward feeling but somehow Usagi realized that she started to really like the former Baka. He could be pretty nice when he wanted to. So much had changed within this short period.

Before she could start to imagine the possible course of her date she had to make some big decision in the first place; What should she wear on her first date with Mamoru?!

The answer to her came straight after...wasn't there a time when she received a letter by Tuxedo Kamen and made herself ready for a date with her long term crush? This situation now was fairly similar, apart from the fact that Neflite wrote this letter in the name of Tuxedo Kamen and he also sent this letter to almost every girl who lived in Tokyo and was more or less her age.

However, she chose a very good outfit at that time and immediately got butterflies in her stomach when she took the pink green dress out of her wardrobe and put it on.

"Yes, he will like it."

Full of excitement she spoke to herself while she looked pleased at her mirroring appearance.

„Anything else? Ohhh right, Mum's perfume which smells like roses...and a matching lipgloss will be perfect"

Usagi was about to dance straight into her reverie

"I mustn't forget to brush my teeth again...perhaps he wants to kiss me?!" She mumbled while she fumbled with the toothbrush in her mouth.

An image of an unmasked Mamoru with the most handsome smile she could think of popped up in her mind. His lips covered with almost unstoppable desire, ready to capture hers...he leaned into her and...

"Whaaaat? Oh my God! What am I thinking? Oh nononono this is sooo embarrassing."

Deeply blushed and fully ashamed Usagi shook her head vehemently from left to right by chuckling at the same time. Despite the fact she was the protector of this planet, she was a young teenager over all.

The alarm started to ring and distracted Usagi from her girlish thoughts.

"Uhhhh it's late, I have to gooooo."

She stormed out of her room and - as usual - ran down the stairs, grabbed a toast from the breakfast table and waved goodbye to her shocked mother.

"Byeee Mama, I'm off to a learning session at Naru's. Will be home by late afternoon." Ikuko took an perplexed look at her watch. „It's Sunday. Morning. What happened to my little girl?" All she could do was to look behind her daughter who was about to break a new record in running through the whole district of Juuban.

They agreed to meet in front of the OsaP store which was quite special since this was the initial place of the battle ground for both of their identities. Usagi was nearly out of breath from running when she spotted the tall, black haired man. He wore his green jacket above a black shirt. He was dressed in a pair of lilac trousers and his eyes were covered with dark sunglasses. Since he looked straight at the display window of the jewelry store, he hadn't noticed her so far.

,Gosh how come I never realized what a perfect hunk he is? At least if he could get rid of this outfit!'

Usagi gulped but gave her heart a push and drew closer him.

„You are not looking for a certain crystal, are you?" He turned around in surprise and gave her a glazed look, his eyes still hidden by the sunglasses.

"No princess, today I am rather looking for something appropriate to wear. Such as a tuxedo for example." He retorted lightly.

Usagi winced by his comment and slowly she got one step further towards him. He took off his sunglasses and smiled slightly after inspecting her frame.

"You look nice."

Boom! She didn't expect him to compliment her at all. Insults were something different and also very familiar but this was completely new terrain to her. She started to scratch her head, slightly embarrassed of his friendly remark.

„Well...err...you...um...err...too."

'Oh my God this was such a stammered answer! If not before he must presume now that I am a complete idiot!'

By thinking this Usagi slipped over a little stone and fell straight into Mamorus strong arms.

‚Great, just great! My damn clumsiness! something I can always rely on in my life. Could this go any better?'

„You....arrrgghh, just don't say anything, please! „Usagi - still lying in his arms and deeply blushing - grabbed his jacket and continued by speaking rather into his chest

"This is going to get burnt by the end of this day."

He was simply amazed of how a girl could be so ridiculous and sweet and funny and pretty at the same time as Usagi. She was so much the opposite of him but somehow it started to get more and more exciting to learn more about of what was going on between those two odangos.

"Oh okay, if it makes you happy we can do that. By the way" - he lowered his voice and whispered in her ear which caused her goosebumps immediately.

„If I may tell you a secret...I owe more than just one ugly green jacket."