Chapter 17 and actually it 34 again

Mamoru and Sailor Moon found themselves on the top floor of the Starlight Tower. Already transformed and facing the final battle, Sailor Moon watched out for the blonde general of the Dark Kingdom.

It was too late. Usagi was not granted the chance to explain her undeniable love to Mamoru. If they ll made it out of the Starlight Tower again then perhaps she could tell him that he combined everything in himself she was ever looking for but only became aware of since the moment she had spoken the magical words in the elevator.

She was 14 after all. Not long ago she had been a child and only started to become a young woman with a bunch of dreams. She was still a crybaby who slipped into a senshi uniform and henceforth had to fight against some strange adults from a Dark Kingdom who wanted to destroy her, all of the ones she cared about and this wonderful planet.

They didn't have enough time. It was only a couple of days she got the chance looking at him with different eyes and learn more about his fascinating character.

It had only been some hours they were able to spent together alone and carefree after they revealed each other's secret identity.

It had only been one moment of a kiss they shared which probably was supposed to last for at least another lifetime.

It wasn't fair at all.

Zoisite awaited them already. He stood at the other end of the large room. He purred to the two super hero's, by carrying a highly ironic tone in his voice.

"Welcome!" He diced the seven rainbow crystals in his right hand, a portentous smirk written on his lips. He took one step closer and bent down in order to lay the crystals onto the ground. Whilst he was doing this, he explained

„As you can see I brought all of the crystals. Now!" By stepping back slowly he beamed at Sailor Moon and ordered „Hand me out the key to activate them!"

Sailor Moon looked up anxiously at Mamoru. In his eyes she found nothing else but firmness. He didn't want to show her the sadness surrounding his heart. He wanted to seal any of his memories of the last few days forever into his mind. He didn't regret either of them. At least he was able to spend a few precious moments with her. Mamoru was currently not sure if he would get the chance again to kiss her. ‚I can rescue her, even if I have to sacrifice myself!"

Having this resolution in his mind, Mamoru barely nodded to her and turned his head back to Zoisite. He narrowed his glance and declared

"Before she ll do it, you'll have to fight me!"

After he uttered his intention, he pulled out a single red rose out of his jacket and held it up in the air. The magic began to surround his body and within a few seconds he transformed into his alter ego, Tuxedo Kamen.

Zoisites grin brightened dangerously "It will be a pleasure! You will have a fair fight" behind his back the general moved his right hand secretly in order to command a bright dark crystal which appeared directly behind Sailor Moon.

All of a sudden Usagi realized that there wouldn't be any fight at all; When she looked down at the shadows the setting sun was displaying onto the floor, she saw that Tuxedo Kamen had switched positions with her by using an over natural speed. His frame had shielded her and thus had absorbed the impact of a big crystalled pale. Mamoru fell silently backwards. Once he hit the tiled ground, his mask came off as well.

"Noooooo!"

Sailor Moon screamed and hurried over to him, kneeled down and pulled the dying body close into her arms. With a choked voice she begged him desperately.

"Don t leave me alone, Mamoru."

„We are too late"

The four Sailor Senshi arrived only seconds after Tuxedo Kamen had made his sacrifice to save Sailor Moon and it was Sailor Mercury who sadly spoke out the obvious. All of the Sailor scouts only could stare at the dramatic scene shown in front of them.

"Mamoru"

Usagi whispered and couldn't take her eyes away from his silent body.

"Tuxedo Kamen"

Her voice was drunken with tears, filled up with panic and incurable sadness. She closed her eyes and breathed in heavily. A single tear left her right eye, rolled down her cheek and formed a tiny drop at the downside of her chin. When it was about to leave her face and therefore fell to the ground it dissolved into bright light instead.

Usagi imperceptibly breathed out his name she suddenly recalled from another lifetime

„Endymion!"

The seven rainbow crystals started to glow by her exclamation. One after the other followed the luminous teardrop and every single one dipped into this bright shining key. A pink light finally bursted out and revealed a silverly crystal, hardly bigger than either of its building elements.

„The Holy Silver Crystal....that is the Holy Silver Crystal" Luna cried out, utterly captured in it's awesomeness.

While everyone was amazed by the powerful presentation, Usagi got up, looking paralyzed and with empty eyes she stepped over to the crystal which was still floating in the room and surrounded by the pink, warm light. Her Sailor Fuku had turned into a white, long dress and onto her forehead the tiara disappeared. Instead a golden crescent moon took place. Usagis eyes closed. The Moon Stick materialized in front of her and by placing itself onto the dedicated position, the Holy Silver Crystal fused with the wand. Slowly she opened her eyes again, now filled with pure and innocent energy mirroring the magic of the silverly crystal.

"Princess, Moon Princess" Luna exclaimed.

„You've finally been awoken" Artemis fearfully admitted.

Very far away and barely audible, Usagi recognized the sound of the melody which had been composed on the Moon back in the times of the Silver Millennium. Now she knew, it was the melody of the star locket, Moonlight Densetsu.

The song she shared with Endymion centuries ago. The song Mamoru and she were listening to in his apartment when both were about to confess to each other their eternal love. The former hidden message suddenly became clear to her.

Love.

It is the key. It is beyond logic. It is beyond power. It connects us, gives us something to hold onto even in times of loss and fear. Out of love we do the impossible, we are willing to sacrifice for the ones we treasure.

This crystal was formed with love. It would always succeed and help her to find back to her normal life one day. Usagi knew that she was going to use it to defeat the darkness, once for all.