Chapter 3

"Mama, I m home". Usagi put off her shoes in the genkan and smelled the seductive scent of home made pancakes flying through the air.

"Ahhh, there you are, Usagi. How was the learning session with Amy and the others today?" Ikuko's head popped out of the kitchen. In excitement she waved around a spatula in her hand. „I decided to try out a new recipe, I hope you hadn't eaten yet. These buttermilk pancakes are supposed to be extra fluffy."

Usagi was actually starving. Neclecting food for hours had led to an immense hunger which didn't help her to think properly. She also felt a little guilty that she had to lie to her parents again. This time though, too many other things preoccupied her mind so she answered rather automatically

„It was good, Mum. Amy is very patient with me but it took an eternity to teach me all the stuff so we got a bit lost in time. I'm very sorry for that. I'd love to eat, I am really hungry right now."

"Oh don't worry, love. Dinner will be ready soon. Get upstairs and I'll call you once I am done with it." Ikuko headed back to the kitchen and left her daughter alone in the corridor.

That was easy. Her mother could be very angry with her, most of the time because of her low performance at school. However, she was a wonderful and caring person who did absolutely everything for her children and her husband. Overall, she had excellent cooking skills. Usagi just loved her Mum and was fairly grateful to have such a marvelous family in general.

Nevertheless, she was very aware of that there was a little black cat in her room who impatiently waited for her arrival. She would seek for a reasonable explanation why Usagi did not attend the Senshi meeting today and even was not reachable via her communicator. Luna was a master in judging her for her general laziness, inattention and crybaby behavior almost every day. This time she would be merciless with her, though. Usagi took another deep breath, climbed up the stairs and entered her bedroom quietly.

„Usagi!" Luna sat on her bed and had an utterly angry expression written on her face.

"I am sooo sorry Luna!!! Ahhhh, I know that you are mad with me but I got detention because I fell asleep during classes and forgot my homework. Afterwards I got distracted by Naru. She is currently very upset because of Umino - allegedly he dates a girl from another school, at least this is Narus funny opinion, I personally doubted this - so we followed him in order to find out the truth. Needless to say, she was absolutely wrong since Umino is still head over heals for her and I really forgot totally about the Senshi meeting and also left my communicator at Naru's place! O dear God please Luna, please forgiiiiveee meeeee!"

The blonde pigtailed teenager attempted to speak as fast as she could by whaling every second word to the cat in order to hide her lies. She couldn't tell her the truth and thus revealing Mamorus secret. It simply wasn't her secret after all.

„Gosh, Usagi I am really disappointed!!! Luna hissed through her teeth menacingly "How can you forget your duties? This is not going to work any longer. You have to prioritize, this is not a game we play. The enemy is about to receive the Holy Silver Crystal! We are still fairly busy with the search for the Moon Princess and you have nothing better to do than to spend your precious time with ordinary school girl problems!"

The last bit of the cats rebuke hit Usagi right into her teenager heart. Sulkily she crossed her arms and declared.

„That's right, Luna. I do have a life, I have to go to school, I have friends there and I have a family. I had absolutely no choice at all when you came up with all this super hero stuff and I have to cope with all at once!" Tears were about to come up in her eyes. Usagi swallowed hard and desperately tried not to cry right now.

Luna sighed defeated. Blatantly, Usagi was totally overwhelmed. This was probably not unusual for a little fourteen years old school girl as she still was. She softened her gaze slightly and by trying to allay Usagis emotional outburst she explained.

"I know what you mean, Usagi, but there is no other way for you than to face and to fight the enemy. You are selected to protect this planet together with the other Senshi. All of yours mission consists of the search and the protection of the Holy Silver Crystal and the Moon Princess. I just want you to be very aware of this and nothing else. And...I want you to apologize to the girls tomorrow. After school we have agreed to a meeting in the Game Crown Arcade. Artemis and Sailor Venus will also attend. Please don't be late again!"

She was still sniffing but recovered quickly from her little cry. Usagi placed her right hand to her heart and vowed at the little cat who was still sitting in front of her: "Luna, I promise that I will be there on time. Please don't be mad at me anymore, okay?"

Both heared Ikuko's voice which shouted from downstairs.

"Usagi love, dinner is ready."

"Yes mum, I'm coming!" The blonde girl yelled back excitingly.

Luna frowned at Usagi and finally she had to sigh deeply again. "For Gods sake, you are forgiven, Usagi Tsukino!"

Usagi swept away her tears and cheered up immediately. „Thank you Luna, thank you thank you thank you!" She hugged the tiny feline, spun around and ran out of the room. "Gosh, I am staving!!!"

Later in bed Usagi got the chance to reconsider what happened within this special day.

'wonder if Mamoru is faces the same issues as I do?'

She put her blanket right over her head in order to have more privacy.

'Oh my God, Mamoru is Tuxedo Kamen. MY long time crush!!! I was in his apartment. In his bathroom. I saw him half naked! He acted so different to me than he used to. The look he gave me when I left. What is happening with me? Why do I have such strange feelings for him? Why can't I get him out of my mind? He is Tuxedo Kamen. Mamoru is...Mamoru.'

"Mamoru. Mamoru. Mamoru"

While she was drifting off to sleep, Usagi mumbled his name again and again. She was certain that Mamoru would follow her into her dreams tonight in order to cause a deep storm of emotions in her subconsciousness.