Chapter 12

„Yummy!"

It was so easy to make Usagi happy. After several slices of salami pizza, two dumplings, two hamburgers, a giant mixed salad, twelve fried shrimp trails, a bowl full of vanilla pudding and a huge portion of chocolate ice cream, she rubbed her belly gleefully.

"I haven't had such a delicious meal in ages."

Mamoru was dumbfounded. He knew that Usagi had a good appetite, he had seen her eating several times - most of her dishes consisted of unhealthy fast food. He had to admit though that this amount of food she inhaled today was beyond anything else he thought a human being ever could eat all at once. Surely it was down to the fact that she was a superhero and therefore needed a lot of energy, he concluded precariously.

„Since we obviously have accomplished our individual missions for today" from the corner of his eyes he caught a glimpse of her returning anger caused by his ironic comment "I would prefer to go back to the park and have some rest there, do you agree?"

"A certain amount of food is essential in order to survive, Baka! Bad behavior - obviously - is not!"

Mamoru froze and gaped at her, completely puzzled. Did she just retorted to him by using sarcasm?! He started to caugh.

„Ahem, if you don't like we could also have a boat ride there or..."

„No, to have a rest at the park should be fine as long as you try to be nicer to me than you have done so far."

Within a couple of moments Usagi's good mood just changed into slight disappointment. She had always thought that a proper date was supposed to be romantic but with Mamoru and his hilarious talent to tease her whenever he could, Usagi got the feeling that her expectations did not meet the reality.

„You have to know" he put on a serious face „it is a kind of protection. I had to build up walls in my life."

She was not prepared to his sudden confession. He already told her in the elevator that his parents died in an accident when he was six years old. He seemed to come along very well with these circumstances and Usagi hadn't had enough time to process this information up to now.

Without adding anything else to his comment, Mamoru turned around and head off to the park. Wordlessly, Usagi followed him and after nearly half a minute she couldn't stand the silence any longer.

„I didn't mean it like that, Mamoru" she tried to leave out any pity „it's my first date and I always thought that different things would happen."

„Like what?" He indeed was curious now.

She could not be that honest with him so she thought for a rather innocent explanation and eventually came up with a reasonable answer.

"Ahh well, to have a good talk would be an appropriate start, I guess."

„Fair enough, then choose a topic".

They arrived at the park and Mamoru headed for the familiar bench. He gave her an encouraging smile and suggested her to sit down.

Usagi took a seat and looked up to Mamoru who was still standing in front of her.

„Family...and I will start!" She added quickly.

„Fine, then it's your turn. I'm listening." With an unreadable expression he sat down, too.

„Soooo...I live with my parents, my brother and my cat Luna in a house in the district of Juuban. Shingo - who is four years younger than me - can really be a pain in the neck but I do love him. Particularly, when he was born I was so happy to become a big sister that I even got my Mum flowers when she was in hospital. I think it was a bouquet of roses..." dreamily Usagi starred down to the lake which caught her attention.