Chapter 11

They arrived at the mall after a short and silent walk. Since it was their first proper date and everything was just so new and awkward between them, neither was really sure what to say to the other without acting like a complete idiot. To fight and to argue with each other was way more easier for both of them. Mamoru was kind of relieved when they spotted a men's fashion store right next to the entrance of the mall and immediately he got in with the blonde  pigtailed girl.

The shop had an immense offer, so Usagi and Mamoru decided to rummage through it step by step.

,I am quite sure that we will find irresistible outfits for his muscular body!'

Usagi daydreamed when she watched him surreptitiously while he looked through the range of clothes. A black leather jacket hang on the wall right next to where Mamoru stood and suddenly caught her attention.

‚This will be the perfect match!'

Happily Usagi headed over and was about to reach out for it when the tall man unexpectedly blocked her way by presenting her proudly his prey.

„What do you think?"

He lifted up a mustard yellow casual men's shirt with a lilac collar and the button tape in the same colour.

‚Oh good God!'

Usagi mentally screamed and definitely was not able to hold back her inner thoughts.

„Are you serious? You are kidding me, right?!" her answer came along by shaking her head vehemently in total disbelief.

„Well, perhaps I could match it with a dark brown belt and some dark blue trousers?" Mamoru suggested innocently.

"Mamoru...just...NO!"

"Ok then what about..."he let his eyes wander through the selection in the fashion store. „Ahhhh, this one!" With a frightening purposefulness he picked up a men's shirt and grinned triumphantly.

„A pink shirt? Are you shopping for a girl who I am not aware of?!"

Usagi's eyes widened in complete horror because of the latest evidence of his non existing taste and she turned her head around suspiciously. Apart from her, there was fortunately no other female in sight.

„Er no, it is a quite good colour for a well educated and self-confident, modern man I think. In fact" he put his arms behind his head and beamed at her mischievously „I always have been very fond of the colour pink. I might become even a trendsetter in this."

Unerringly he also grabbed a pair of bright brown trousers and swung both textiles casually over his right shoulder, ready to head off to the cash counter.

Usagi merely shrugged and gave up defeated by his argument.

‚Obviously he stays true to his principles and will not change his out of the question bad fashion taste. Not even for me. I only can hope that he will not wear this combination that often.'

She took a look around and discovered a light green pullover which lay on top of a staple.

„Okay then...what do you think about this? Hits the nail on the head, doesn t it?" She reached for the item and spread it out so he could see the front.

Mamoru glanced at the yellow lettering „earth" printed below the chest pocket of the pullover.

„Yeah, not too bad. I even have light blue trousers which should go perfectly with it." Yet there was hope for Usagi to get him back to the tasteful side.

It was not that Mamoru regularly wore outfits which were rather dedicated to the old clothes collection. Not at all. She had always been a fan of his dark brown leather jacket and he definitely looked like a hunk in jeans and white shirts. Thus, this pullover was maybe rather a dash of colour in his wardrobe but the English lettering just matched with his name so well.

„Great, then take it, please." Usagi was happy to get him finally one tasteful piece of fashion.

,At least he didn't pick something like that horrorful eighties style patterned shirt with the disgusting eggshells yellow, washed out lilac and terrible mint green which he used to scare me with by wearing in combination with a pair of light grey chino trousers at the Game Crown Arcade once. I wonder if he is ever going to wear it again? Hopefully not on any special occasions such as birthdays!' Usagi thought fitfully.

A sudden noise which came from her stomach, interrupted Usagis thoughts.

"Oh, I think we leave it to these three pieces and start to look out for something which matches you perfectly; Food."  Mamoru granted her with a jovial glance.

‚He just cannot stop it, can he?'

„Ha ha, very funny. I choose, you pay!"

Usagi fired back at him. She could only hope that Mamoru did not spend too much money on his new clothes so he would still have the financial capacity to satisfy her immense hunger.

After he paid they got out of the fashion store and made their way through the mall. A colorful picture hang on a window of a book shop and suddenly caught Mamorus attention. He froze and held back Usagi who was already busy with ordering food in her mind.

„Usak...Usagi, look!" She turned her eyes to the picture he pointed at with a lightly trembling finger and saw...them! It was fairy similar to the portrait made by Yumemi Yumino but apparently someone decided to develop her work somehow further and positioned Usagi and Mamoru completely anew. It was a scene which showed them more into action with each other. Frankly speaking, it was horrifying close to each other!

Mamoru laid next to Usagi and leaned his head over hers. She was about to touch his hairs by reaching out her hands to him. Both were practically naked, - Usagi was sure that she was at least topless in this picture and were there even feathered wings attached to her back?! -, they were about to kiss - Mamoru gently touched her chin - and to put the cherry on the cake, they exchanged very intensive and longing expressions on their faces.

Usagi turned beyond tomato red but couldn't take her eyes away since the tension between them, drawn on this picture was absolutely stunning, heated and captive.

,It is a masterpiece!'

Something deep inside her heart was desperately trying to come out but it wasn't feasible to her. Apart from the fact that this picture was nearly being pornographic if it wouldn't have been art after all, Usagi kind of liked it until a second thought hit her mind.

'Oh my God, what if this picture becomes reality one day?!'

When she finally looked away, her glance locked with Mamorus who seemed similarly confused and touched as she was. Slightly embarrassed he turned his attention back to the painting and had a closer look at the signature of the artist.

"N. Takeuchi, huh? Who the heck is that?!"

After another awkward moment and without any future reply by her to his question he stated to Usagi, by carrying a boyish grin on his face.

"Well, I have never expected Youmemi to paint us more than once anyway. I mean, it rather would be a waist of time."

Usagi snorted. There he was again. Mamoru-Baka. All of the upcoming romantic feelings in her were blown away within milliseconds. She sighed deeply and was nearly starving. He would have to pay for that. He didn't have a clue how much she could eat.