Asmodeus: you're beautiful

"Who's the most beautiful demon in all of Devildom~? You are" you heard a voice call. Instinctively, you recognized the owner of the voice by the arrogant line alone.

You crept down the hall towards the nearest bathroom and saw the door open a crack. Quietly, you peeked through the door to see Asmodeus, talking to himself in the mirror.

"You're the most beautiful one in this house too, of course~" he chimed, admiring himself in the mirror.
Ehhhhhh? you cringed. How narcissistic.

"Ah, is that you y/n~?" Asmo called out. Shit. I've been discovered. Detected, you attempt to creep away. "Its no use y/n~chan. You've already been spotted" he said sweetly. Double shit.

"Ahahaha" you laughed awkwardly. "You caught me.." you cringed inwardly. Asmo pushed open the door and the room's bright light engulfed you. Somehow the feeling resembled being put on the spotlight when attempting a prison escape.

"Why don't you join me, y/n~?" the demon offered. "Ehhhh....in what? Talking to the mirror..?" You asked, cringing. "I'll pass."

"Tsk tsk tsk, its more than that, y/n" Asmo said clicking his tongue. He stretched his arms in front of him.
"Its about confidence boosting."
You were pretty sure Asmo contained enough of that for the both of you.
"Eh? Why would you need to boost your confidence? Aren't you already super confident?"

Asmodeus paled. He tossed his head back and forth looking for anyone that might overhear this conversation. He grabbed your shoulders and brought you close to him. His face was inches apart from yours.

"Listen, y/n, I didn't want to say anything, and you're not just anyone, so listen close okay?" Asmo became suddenly serious. You nodded, attentive and filled of curiousity.
"I- I.." He faltered. "Yeah..?" You nodded.

"I want to help you. You totally look like the type who doesn't have any confidence. I mean look at you. You dress yourself in hoodies everyday. That's very unladly-like. Its like your trying to cover your beautiful body-"

Your heart shattered. Here you thought the demon was going to confide in you and tell you he's insecure but then turns around and tells you you're insecure. You wanted to snap on him.

Patience wearing thin, you placed a hand on his shoulder, and took a deep breath.

"Asmo, I thought you were going to tell me your insecurities" you gripped his shoulder tighter with anger. "Eh? Mine? Why would I be insecure? I'm beautiful" he smiled. Oh. So the confidence boosting mirror talk is just because he's narcissistic.

Asmodeus started again. "Listen, y/n. I mean it. You don't really seem confident." Who would after you completely destroyed them like that?
You paused a moment, thoughtfully.
"Is it really important to be?" you asked. Asmodeus gasped.

"Of course it is! Y/n you totally should have more confidence in yourself! I mean, you're beautiful." You blushed.
"Not like me of course, no one could, but you'll get there" Asmo nodded to himself, off in his own world.
"Right.." You said wary. "Oh! I know just the perfect exercise to build your confidence. Full frontal confrontation~!" Asmo chirped.

"What...?"

"Y/n~chan come here~! Stand in front of the mirror, please~!" Reluctantly, you obliged. Now what..?

Asmodeus stood away from the mirror and locked the door. "Hey what are you-"

"You're not allowed to leave until you do this!" Asmo said, playfully sticking his tongue out at you. "I want you to tell your reflection 'I am y/n and I am beautiful and deserving and wanted.'
Ehh? Isn't that taking this a bit far?

"But you stopped after the beautiful part!" You protested. "That's because I already know I'm those things~!"
You grunted, unable to dispute that.

"I-I am y/n and...and.." You faltered. "This is stupid" you grunted. You looked to Asmodeus, clearly unwavering and firm on his decision. You wouldn't leave until you said it.

"I-I am y/n and I am beautiful"
"And?" Asmo asked.
"A-and deserving"
"Louder"
"And deserving!"
"And?"
"And wanted!" You yelled at your reflection.
"I can't hear you~?"
"I am wanted!" You yell at the mirror.

Panting, your face is flushed and you realize for the first time, you were crying.

"That's enough for today, y/n" Asmo said softly. He came behind you, and brought a hand to your eyes, wiping your tear stained face. "Tears only cover your beauty, don't cry y/n~" Asmo whispered softly to you.

Shaking, you held onto the demon. He held you close to his chest in a warm embrace. "Its ok to recognize your own beauty, y/n~ it might be hard at first, you might feel compelled to deny it, but once you admit it, and look closely, it'll become clear."

Outside the bathroom door, after overhearing; Levi, Mammon, and Beel sat looking at each other in utter confusion.