Lucifer: hanahaki

Hanahaki: is a fictional disease in which the victim coughs up flower petals when they suffer from one-sided love. It ends when the beloved returns their feelings or when the victim dies.

3am:

Violent coughs filled your room. Your eyes strained from the pressure building in your chest coming up your throat. Desperately, you clawed at your bed sheets, squeezing them tight in a fist. Tears slipped down your cheeks, you couldn't wipe them, your hands now occupied with keeping the blood and petals from spilling out your throat. After a couple minutes of this, the spasms died down and you were left with an aftermath of flower petals and blood coughed up onto your mattress.

"How could I ever allow it to get so bad.." You murmured, cupping your hands while you scooped the flower petals into them. You emptied your hands and let the bloodied flower petals drop into your waste bin. What to do about the blood stained bed sheets though?

You clawed off the bed sheets and put them in a hamper. You decided you'd wash them in the laundry, a seperate load you'd probably wash and moniter yourself just to be safe no one would see it.

...............

Days turned into weeks and the disease only worsened. What used to be a few petals quickly developed into handfuls of them, sticky with coats of blood. The coughing fits would hit you much more frequent, turning from once a week to several times a day.

You didn't know how much longer you would hold up. Would you have to tell him? Surely he wouldn't return your feelings. So, what other option were you left with? To die..?

"Oi, y/n!" Mammon yelled.

This snapped you from your thoughts.

"Huh- what do you need?" You asked.
"Lucifer asked me to get you, its already dinner time and you're holed up in your room like this," Mammon narrowed his eyes at you, "what's up?"

You gulped. Mammon was your closest friend, surely you could trust him with a secret like this. However, fear held a firm grip on you and made you hesitant to say anything.

"I'm fine, just lost track of time, Mammon. I'll come done for dinner in a bit" you smiled weakly. "Okay then.." Mammon said looking back towards the door. "Just don't be long. Lucifer's getting tired of waiting" he said before closing the door behind him.

You gulped. Your stomach churned, and your chest was burning as it it were being torn from the inside. They were rose petals after all.

Sighing, you clambered off your bed and walked yourself to the dining room. You silently pondered how long you could keep the charade up. How long until they'd all find out. How long till Lucifer found out he was the cause. How long would you hold up for diner.

...........

When seated at the dining table you sat far away from Beel. If you sat next to him it'd be much too obvious you were picking at your food. Instead, you sat yourself in between Lucifer and Levi.

You couldn't eat, and mostly poked at your food with your fork. Lucifer glanced at you and stared at your untouched plate.

"Everything alright, y/n?"

"Yeah..I'm-" you felt the pressure begin to build in your chest. "Shit, of all times, why now?" You silently cursed.