Belphegor: quarantined

Notes:
- This fic takes place after you've completed your first year at RAD and returned to your home in the human world
- Reference to the Covid-19
- For all of you stuck at home during this time, enjoy~

You'd just returned to the human world, eager to relax after the long year you'd spent in the Devildom.

You'd made preparations in advance for where you'd be living. You knew this day would come eventually, so you had selected a small studio apartment for yourself and promised the owner you'd start paying rent on it as soon as you'd gotten back from your "trip." Naturally, you couldn't tell the owner about the year you'd spent at RAD so you made up a lie about being on vacation abroad.

With the stress of finding living arrangements already taken care of, you relaxed. You stood outside the apartment door, suitcase and boxes in hand, took a deep breath and opened the door to your new apartment. It was minimalistic, but you didn't need anything extravagant for just yourself.

However, you were envious of the luxurious room you had at the House of Lamentation. This tiny studio apartment didn't even come close to it. But you were in no position to be picky returning back to the human world unemployed. You'd have to find a job quick. And your parents? Friends? Relatives? You silently contemplated telling them of your arrival.

You decided you'd settle in first and then you'd give them all a call. You released the deep breath and set down the boxes you carried onto the floor, dropping your suitcase along with them. You wiped a bead of sweat from your brow. You were exhausted from carrying your belongings to your apartment. All you wanted to do was collapse onto your bed. Which, is what you did.

Once sprawled out comfortably onto your new bed, you fished your phone out of your pocket and turned it on. You hadn't used it in a year. You didn't have a need for it in the Devildom so you defaulted to only using your D.D.D.

You began swiping through apps previously installed. You stopped when you got to Twitter. Last time you went on there, there was always controversies and news coverage that'd bum you out. But, oh what the heck, for old times sake you opened the app.

At first, everything seemed normal. Occasional post from a mutual, a meme or two, wait-
You scanned your eyes over the post again. "Virus..?" You murmured. You decided to ignore it and keep scrolling. Again your eyes kept drawing back to the word "virus."
You bit your lip, starting to get anxious.

"What..happened while I was gone..?" You murmured. Anxious to find out you googled the reoccurring words "Covid-19 virus," to find out a virus was sweeping the world while you were gone, killing thousands and quarantining many more. "What..the...fuck.." You mouthed silently, mouth open in awe.

In no time you swiped through your contacts and began calling every single one to inform them of your arrival, make sure they were ok, and to see if they could give you any advice.

...............

After several hours spent making calls to everyone you knew, you came back with basic information. Wash your hands. Wear a mask. Don't touch anyone, in fact, stay 6ft away from anyone you might come across. And dont leave the house.

Perfect. You'd just returned after a year of being stuck in, quite literally, "hell," and you can't see anyone? You have to stay by yourself now? This was worse than hell! It was your own personal hell. And how would you find a job to pay the owner now? Your parents told you about how everyone they knew were getting laid off their jobs because of this virus, so good luck finding someone to hire you!