Lucifer x short!reader

Notes:
- *phew* I've been sitting on this one in the drafts for a long time. Glad to finally release it.
- enjoy~

You squirmed your heels upward as you stretched your forearm. The cabinets which contained the spices you'd be using in tonight's supper were just out of reach, however. It was your night on cooking duty.

Unfortunately, you were, to put it lightly, height impaired. In other words, you were tiny. You struggled a little longer on your tippy toes before giving up. You'd have to try something else.

An idea struck you, and you smiled delightfully. You bit your lip in anticipation and stepped backward. 1 step. 2 steps. 3 wide steps, until there was enough distance between you and the counter below the cabinets.

You smirked and crouched slightly. Feeling the adrenaline build in your legs, you lunged yourself forward. Running towards the counter, you lept into the air. The thrill of being airborne was exhilarating. After a few seconds of liftoff, which felt like they played in slow motion, you landed safely on top of the counter.

You smirked and raised a hand in the air victoriously. Nothing would get in your way. Definetly not some stupid cabinet up too high for its own good.

Speaking of which, you redirected your attention toward the cabinet. You opened it slowly, and selected spices from it. When your hands were full, you decided to shift the weight of all the spices to one hand to shut the cabinet.

Big mistake.

As you let your free hand shut the cabinet, spices fell from your other. You cursed, and leaned to grab them, losing your footing in the process. Your heart began to race.

"Shit" you cursed in your mind. This would definetly hurt, and would most likely be the end of you being put on kitchen duty. You shut your eyes tightly and braced yourself for the impact.

.........

You opened an eyelid slowly. Surprisingly, the impact hadn't hurt nearly as much as you expected. You turned your head till you noticed a concerned looking Avatar of Pride staring down at you. That's when it hit you. Lucifer had caught you.

Your face turned a bright shade of red. "L-Lucifer what are you doing?"
He smiled softly and gently let you down from his arms. When your heels hit the ground, he placed a hand on your shoulder.

"I was coming to check on how dinner was coming along when I saw you fall." He cleared his throat before speaking. "I wasn't just going to let you fall." You smiled at his kindness.

"Thanks.." You mumbled, an edge of embarrassment in your voice. "How did you fall, anyways, y/n?" Lucifer asked, his curiosity now fully piqued. You subconsciously grabbed the hem of your shirt in embarrassment as you retold the event.

"I couldn't reach the cabinets that held the spices. And, I didn't want to bother anyone, so..I just kinda jumped onto the counter to reach them. I guess I grabbed too many cause I dropped some and then lost my footing."

Lucifer looked at you bewildered. "You say you jumped up there?" He said, eyes wide with shock. With hesitation, you nodded your head. A smirk of amusement appeared on his face. "That's certainly an interesting way to get things done, but very irresponsible. It wouldn't be too much trouble, so I'll help you with finishing dinner this time."

You smiled softly at his offer to help and accepted immediately. Cooking for 7 demons by yourself had certainly become an exhausting task. With new help and new determination, you continued the chore of fixing supper for tonight.

........

When dinner had finally been prepared, you wiped your hands on your apron and stretched, tired from your efforts. "Thanks for your help, Lucifer" you said, looking up towards the demon. "You're very welcome, y/n," Lucifer said, watching you begin to strain on your tippy toes, trying to replace the spices in their proper places.

"Curse this place and all their tall demons!" you pouted. Lucifer chuckled, approaching you from behind, he grabbed the spice viles you held and placed them in the cabinet with ease.

"Show off" you pouted. Lucifer chuckled, he would never admit it, but teasing you about your height was fun to some degree. "Don't be like that, just ask one of us for help when you need it." "Easy for you to say" you sulked.

Lucifer placed a hand on your head gently. "I'll always be here if you need some help, y/n. So don't be afraid to ask. Its better than recklessly putting yourself in danger, wouldn't you say?"

You clicked your tongue. He had a point. You had put yourself in danger, and if it were not for him, you would of seriously injured yourself. Sighing, you peeked up at him, and smiled softly, nodding under his touch.

"Okay, Lucifer."