Mammon x nerd!reader pt2

"Oi, Damien! Show yourself ya prick!" Mammon yelled in front of the schoolyard. You felt every student's eyes in the area turn on you. Instantly, your stomach churned from all the attention. You cringed inwardly. Why did you ever agree to try things Mammon's way?

A group of demons on the far right were snickering while a trio on the left surrounded Damien. His entourage. You immediately felt your face pale and your heartbeat pick up.

Damien peered at Mammon confused, then looked past him and saw you, cowering. He furrowed his brows and his lips pulled into a grimace. He put two and two together and realized you'd snitched on him.

Damien, wanting to appear cool and composed, called off his entourage, and approached you and Mammon by himself. "What's this about, Mammon" Damien said crossly, glaring down at you.

He leaned down to you and grabbed you by the collar, closing the gap between you two and whispering in your ear, "snitches get stitches, human. You'd better be ready" he smirked before letting you go to face Mammon. You gulped and began to tremble.

"Mammon..on second thought..maybe this isn't the best idea.." You muttered. "Eh? You're not gonna back out now, are ya? We're already here, lets beat his ass" Mammon said rolling up his sleeves excitedly.

You on the other hand, were less excited to "beat his ass" and more likely to get your ass beat by this demon.

"Oi, Damien, I don't like the way you've been treating my human." Damien brought a palm to his face and shook his head. "So that's what this is about..you're their bodyguard or something..?" He sighed.

"Personally, I can't say I really give a fuck. Be it you or the Prince of Hell's human, this one's a piece of shit that I enjoy tormenting" he said with a wicked grin.

Mammon clenched his fists. He was shaking with anger now. You'd never seen him this worked up, even earlier he hadn't been pushed this far.

Unconsciously, he'd began reverting to his natural form. Piercing from his scalp, black horns began to grow from his head, protruding from his white locks. On his lower back, black and white wings sprouted forth. His fangs enlarged in his mouth. With shallow breaths, his blue eyes locked onto Damien and narrowed.

Mammon looked like your textbook demon now. He was a high level demon after all, but you hadn't really seen his natural form before, so his new appearance even intimated you.

Damien almost staggered back at the sight. In comparison, Damien looked strikingly small, even if he wasn't a low level demon himself. His entourage of demons readied themselves at his side. He waved them off. It would be cowardly to gang up on him.

With shaky legs, Damien faced Mammon. Mammon gazed back fiercely. There was something about him that seemed off, however. Damien looked present, but in comparison, Mammon looked like a beast waiting to be released. Like, soon as he had permission he'd tear him to shreds.

Something about Mammon's current state made your stomach churn. Like he'd brought a gun to a knife fight. Sure, you wanted Damien to learn his lesson but this might almost be painful to watch.

Plus, this wasn't Mammon's battle. It was yours. What would you learn if Mammon fought your battles for you?

Hesitantly, and with shaky legs, you wobbled in front of the two. You turned your attention to Mammon. "Mammon, I've reconsidered, I don't want you to do this anymore. Back off." It took him a second to realize what  you'd said to him with the intent glaring he was giving Damien.

"But he'll never leave you alone if I don't-" you hushed him, bring a finger to his face. "I'll handle this myself."
With false confidence, you strided up to Damien and glared at him.

"See what I'm capable of, Damien? I've got higher level demons wrapped around my finger. So, I suggest if you don't want to see what I'm capable of ordering them to do, you'll back off and leave me the hell alone" you sneered.

Damien grimaced, but with one glare from Mammon, carefully backed off. "A-alright, fine..I'll back off.." He murmured. Ooohs and aaaahs filled the schoolyard. You smirked. You mentally patted yourself on the back and turned back to Mammon, who'd reverted back to his usual form.

Mammon gazed at you with pride. "Y/n that was great! You better believe nobody will give you trouble now, or they'll have to deal with the wrath of y/n and The Mammon" he said playfully.

"Of course, I didn't fully enjoy the "wrapped around your finger" part" Mammon chided. "You'll ruin my street cred saying stuff like that" he huffed. You chuckled. "Mammon, the only thing ruining your street cred is the fake Gucci shades you wear."

"They're not fake! Who told you that?" Mammon protetsed. You giggled, "if they're real you're gonna regret it then," you said pointing to them on the ground, scuffed up. "They fell off when you got carried away."

Mammon dove to the ground to grab for his shades. The image of diving to the ground to save your treasured glasses was familiar to you.

...........

You pulled a textbook from your bag when a figure loomed over you. It was Damien. His words echoed in your head.

"Snitches get stitches. Be ready human."

You braced yourself and flinched when he pushed something towards you. "Take it" he commanded. You opened an eye and peered at what he held. Were those...your glasses? You cocked your head at him.

"Why did you-"

"Just take it!" He scowled, pushing them into your hands. "And tell Mammon we're cool, ok?" He said, shoving his hands into his pockets before walking off.

He'd completely repaired your glasses. Who would of though that even demons can have a change of heart, huh? Smiling, you put on your glasses and looked ahead.