1. A Little Dream

It was a cold December night, only a few days after Christmas. She sat in the restaurant at a little table, alone, waiting for her lover to arrive.

The room was filled with the slight scent of garlic, the clinking of silverware and chatter from families and dates, bounced of each wall. the "boop boop boops" from the band, warmed the hearts of many. He left to Italia, two weeks before Christmas and they haven't seen each other since.

"i am so sorry" he stumbled as he fixed his red collared jacket and put on his glasses,  Allie was startled by Mattia's voice behind her. she turned to look and followed him with her eyes. "practice ran late, coach didn't let us get our phones" he plopped down on the chair, catching his breath.

Allie looked at him with narrow eyes,
"what" he relaxed his shoulders.

"it's just, we've had reservations ever since you left, you knew and we haven't seen each other for 3 weeks, i thought this was important, i mean i've been sitting here so long that the band started singing about how lonely i was. " she rolled her eyes and sipped her water.

he sighed and looked up at the band
"come on" he got up and grabbed Allie's hand,
"Mattia, i don't want to" she tried pulling back.
"we are just dancing, come on" he said pulling her onto the dance floor.

once they hit the floor he pulled her hands around his neck and held onto her waist.
"night breezes seem to whisper 'i love you'" he mouthed the words of the song causing her to smile and laugh.

they sway side to side with an occasional twirl.
Allie rested her head on Mattia's chest, allowing her to hear his heart beat and skip a beat.

the rest of the night they ate, caught up and danced.
after paying they got into the car, and drove through the rich neighborhoods to look at the Christmas lights, then went for a walk down town.

"come here" Mattia stopped and pulled her in.  Allie smiled and he pulled her in for a kiss.  "i missed you" He said as their noses touched.
"what's with the Mushy stuff Matti?" she said softly through a small giggle. "what did italy do to you?" she smiled and pushed his shoulder.
"oh i see" he said picking her up and throwing her over his shoulder.  she shrieked and laughed while he walked back to the car.

we get to my house and Mattia walks me to the door.
"i had fun" i say while swinging our intertwined hands side to side.
"me too" he leaned down for a kiss and i wrapped my hands around his neck and kiss back. i pull back and push the door open

"Goodnight Mattia"

"Goodnight Baby"

i shut the door and press my back to it. i bite my lip and smile from all the happiness flowing through me. i couldn't help myself so i opened the door and run to Mattia. i crash into him with another kiss.

"okay, Goodnight my love"

"Goodnight"

we look at each other and slowly walk away from one another still holding hands.

i wait on the porch for him to drive away. once he's gone i go inside and run upstairs, still filled with love and happiness. i get ready for bed and call it a night