Infiltrate and Decimate

Serenno: 21 BBY
Separatist Prison Facility
Commander Axe

Axe and Veres stepped out of the shuttle with R3 behind them as guards approached. The head guard held a hand up and they stopped. "State your business," the guard said.

"We're here to deliver this droid to command," Axe replied. "He's a transfer unit from Sector 18. We went all the way to Cato Neimoidia to pick him up."

"Let me see your transfer codes." R3 passed a datapad to Axe. He pulled up some false ID's and intel and handed it to the guard. The guard scanned it quickly, before handing it back. "Come on."

They hopped on a hover and rode it back into the prison. Veres glanced at Axe and nodded. Axe tapped the guard on the shoulder. "Hey, how long will this take? We've been ordered back to our posts by midday."

"Relax. We'll get your droid dropped off and then you can go," the guard replied.

Axe stepped back, satisfied. Another guard chuckled a bit. "New guys, am I right? Always so punctual," they muttered to each other. Veres rolled his eyes. They parked the hover inside of the hangar and made their way towards a lift.

R3 already had his scanners on as the lift went up. He chirped something to Axe. "What did the droid say?" One of the guards asked.

"He's excited to be in such a well kept prison. He expects your computer files will be organized too. He wouldn't shut up about the horrors on Cato Neimoidia all the way here. Something about how unorganized they are," Axe replied with a shrug. He moved a hand to his side and held up three fingers. Veres glanced at it and nodded subtly.

"Stupid droids. Half of the ones I've met are cross wired," the guard laughed. "Especially these battle droids the Count keeps bringing in."

"Yeah, I've never seen so many in one place," Veres remarked. "There must be something important about to happen."

The guard glanced at his friend, before replying. "Actually, there is. We're not supposed to know about it yet, so you can't tell anyone this."

Axe grinned crookedly. Now we're getting somewhere.

"There's a lady here from House Hasco. She's been given a trial and was found guilty of treason. They're going to execute her in two days," the guard said.

"Wait, do you mean Meiju Hasco? I knew she was arrested but I just assumed it was for embezzling or something like that," Veres interrupted.

"That's the one. She has a weird name, but impossible not to recognize. Red hair, green eyes; I've only seen her once but if I ever saw her again, I'd know who she was immediately," the second guard added.

"I guess we'll be sticking around for the execution then," Axe replied. The lift stopped and hissed open.

"All right, droid. Here's your stop," the guard said. R3 whistled and rolled out into the hallway. Axe nodded to him as the door closed again. They went up a few more levels before the guards got off. "You know your way around?" The guard asked.

"Yeah, we know where we're supposed to go," Axe replied. The guard nodded and moved off. Axe closed the lift and selected the third detention level.

Veres took his helmet off and shook out his blonde hair. "Well, that went surprisingly well."

"Don't jinx it. The only way this will work is if R3 can get his part done."

"I know. A little optimism never hurts, though. Hopefully when it's night, there will be less guards to deal with."

    Axe raised an eyebrow. "I bet this place is swarmed by battle droids after dark."