Pretend

Junalli: 20 BBY
Zunja Territory
Commander Axe

Axe glanced at Veres, then at the others in the hut with them as Irel began to tell the chief about the ongoings of the galaxy. Two men, Axe assumed they were guards, stood behind the chief. Another two guarded the flaps to the front of the hut. Saji sat beside the chief. As Irel spoke, the flaps opened up again and the man Saji had earlier called Lihol entered.

Chief Aeito stopped Irel to ask a few questions. "We have a few ears beyond our planet who told us about the beginning of this war. What caused it, exactly?"

    Irel seemed at a loss for words. She glanced at Axe, hinting that he should answer. "There was a battle on Genonosis where we attempted to rescue two Jedi and a senator. The rescue evolved into a full scale battle and the Separatists declared war on the Republic," Axe explained. Irel watched him, almost skeptically.

     "There was also a movement in the Senate. The Supreme Chancellor was given emergency powers and he authorized the creation and use of the clone army," Irel added.

    Chief Aeito narrowed his eyes. "I see. Do you intend to bring the war to our planet?"

    Irel shook her head. "We don't wish to bring the war anywhere it doesn't already exist. The Separatist fleet above believes that we died in our ship and had no clue we were with the Republic."

    Chief Aeito stroked his chin. "While the enemy fleet is here, it will not be safe for you to send a transmission. It could be traced to the planet and destroy my people. I'm sorry, but you are welcome to stay with us as long as you need to."

    "Give us a moment, Sir," Irel requested. Chief Aeito nodded and Irel stepped out of the hut. Axe and Veres joined her away from the listening Zunja people.

    "That fleet could be out here for days," Veres pointed out. "From the way things sounded, we're needed on Geonosis as soon as possible."

    "Should we risk a transmission?" Axe asked.

    Irel thought for a moment. "No, we can't bring the war here. It would endanger these people and from the looks of things, they're equipped fighters but they won't stand a chance against the droid army. Besides, if we tried to transmit anything, we'd have to go behind their backs and we don't want to make any enemies while we're here."

    "But, General," Veres began.

    Axe shot him a look. "Irel is right." Veres raised his eyebrows a bit. Axe pretended not to notice.

    "They'll just have to make do without us for now," Irel said. They headed back into the hut. "Thank you, Chief. If it's no trouble, we will accept your offer." They sat down before Chief Aeito again.

A broad grin broke across his face. "Wonderful! I would take this as an opportunity to learn about the Jedi more and share some of our wisdom as well."

"Chief Aeito, may my family have charge of the newcomers?" Saji asked. Lihol gave her an exasperated look.

"Your family always does. I don't see why not. Very well. Take these newcomers and see that they're taken care of. We will learn more tomorrow," Chief Aeito replied.

Saji and Lihol stood and bowed. They quickly followed the lead of the locals and exited the tent. Axe spied matching white tattoos on their shoulders. There was a large triangle in the center, surrounded by several smaller ones.

    "Irel, come with me. I have a lot I want to show you," Saji exclaimed. "Lihol, the twins can go with you."

    Irel moved towards Saji but Axe caught her arm. "I don't think it's a good idea to split up."