Rigger's Proclamation

Side Note: the artwork has nothing to do with the story. I drew this around Halloween and decided to share it. It's the JAC crew as Marvel characters! I didn't include every character, of course. I just matched the characters and their personalities and did it like that. Starting from left to right:
Veres is Thor
Patch is Hawkeye (Clint Barton)
Ziyah is Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff)
Rigger is Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff)
Irel is Peggy Carter
Axe is Captain America (Steve Rogers)
Gizer is the Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes)
Saji is Shuri
Lihol is Black Panther (T'Challa)

Florrum: 19 BBY
Republic Shuttle
Ziyah Comi

Ziyah breathed a sigh of relief as Rigger activated the hyperdrive and the stars blurred around them. "It's nice to be leaving Florrum. This past week was so boring." She leaned back in her chair and began fiddling with the braid that hung from behind her right ear.

Rigger pulled his helmet off and ran a hand through his long red hair. "I agree. I wouldn't complain if Hondo had decided to attack us."

Ziyah laughed at that. "My master would've been very upset if that happened."

Rigger pursed his lips. "I don't know. You'd be surprised by how much excitement General Irel actually likes."

Ziyah glanced towards the back of their shuttle. It was filled with injured clones who were to be taken to Kamino. Irel, her master, had assigned her and Rigger to the task. She had said that it was because she trusted them the most, but Ziyah knew the truth. It was because she wanted to get their restless selves away from the fleet for a while.

Ziyah tapped her chin thoughtfully. Among other reasons, she couldn't help but think. She hadn't failed to notice the strong bond between her master and Commander Axe. She wasn't sure how deep it truly ran, though, or if they had ever acted upon it.

"What're you thinking about?" Rigger tapped the top of her head, drawing her out of her thoughts.

"Irel and Axe," she replied. "Their relationship is strange to me. I can tell they think highly of each other. It seems like they care about each other more than most would but I can't figure it out."

"What do you mean?" Rigger arched a brow.

Ziyah rolled her eyes. He knew exactly what she meant. He had to, when Axe was his best friend and he'd known Irel since she arrived with the 918th Legion. "I mean, are they friends or more than that?"

Rigger simply shrugged. "Axe doesn't tell me things like that."

"My master doesn't tell me either."

He gave her a sideways glance. "Would it really be so bad if they did care about each other as more than just friends?"

Ziyah bit her lip and thought for a moment. "I don't know. It goes against the Jedi Code."

"Well, I care about Saji and we clones aren't really allowed to have relationships like that either."

"But that's different."

"How?"

"You don't have the same commitments as a Jedi. Once the war ends, you could go be with Saji if you wanted to. I imagine so, anyway."

Rigger chuckled and shook his head. "You are still very young, Little Sister."

"I'm not that young," Ziyah retorted.

"Why does it bother you so much anyway? Would it change how you think of Axe and Irel?" Rigger checked the navicomputer as he spoke.

"No, I don't think so. I would just feel hurt, I guess. Irel is like my mother. In some ways, I think of Axe as my father. If they kept that from me..."