An Inside Attack

Naboo: 20 BBY
Great Grass Plains
Irel Kirsi

Irel dodged again as Tai attempted to strike her. Ziyah and Rigger had recovered themselves and were inbound. Irel sprinted out of the way, letting them take over. She gritted her teeth and pulled Tai's blade out of her side. Axe skidded to a stop beside her.

"Yur Loke wants you?" He asked.

She nodded in reply. "Probably alive." Irel glanced to the atmosphere. Flashes of light burst through the sky, proof that a star fight had ensued.

"Are you all right?" Axe slid his blasters out as she ignited her lightsaber.

"Yes, it's shallow." They lunged towards the Mandalorian as she cast Ziyah to the side. Irel paused and pulled her padawan to her feet. "Together," she said. Ziyah nodded and activated her lightsaber.

They split and charged at Tai from two side. Axe and Rigger quickly caught on, rushing towards her as well. Their blasters narrowly missed as Tai ducked past them. Ziyah lashed out with her lightsaber, destroying one of Tai's blasters. The Mandalorian hissed with annoyance and rocketed off the ground.

Irel took a running leap and jumped, slashing her lightsaber through Tai's jetpack. Sparks flew as Tai crashed back onto the ground. Her helmet flew off and rolled beside the shuttle. Irel landed just as Tai flung another blade towards her. She twisted to the side, but the dagger caught her arm. Tai's eyes narrowed and she grinned maliciously.

"Tell Yur Loke that I'm sorry about missing our meeting," Irel said, standing.

Tai stood as well, still sneering. "Oh, don't worry. He won't be too disappointed." She darted onto the Separatist shuttle, grabbing her helmet on her way up.

"Should we follow her?" Rigger asked.

Irel shook her head. "She won't go back to the flagship. I know her type."

"Mandalorians?" Ziyah asked.

"No, mercenaries." Irel glanced up at the sky again. "We should get to the Lake Country. The Separatists will leave soon."

She jumped into her fighter and started up the engines as the others climbed into their speeder. Irel quickly flew towards the palace and landed in the main hangar. A few minutes later, the others arrived.

"There are water speeders by the waterfall side of the city," Rigger pointed out.

"Lead the way." Irel fell in step behind Rigger and Axe as they headed outside. Ziyah quickly caught up to her.

"Are you all right, Master?"

"Yes, I'm fine." Luckily, both of her injuries had been shallow.

"I'm worried about that mercenary. She left too easily."

Irel glanced at her. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, most mercenaries are hired to kill someone, not take them in alive. That's a bounty hunter's job."

Irel furrowed her brows. "Hm. You might be right. Still, at least she didn't succeed."

They had reached the edge of a massive lake. Across the blue depths, she could make out several large houses, like smaller versions of the palace. Rigger and Axe started up two of the small water speeders. Ziyah jumped on behind Rigger and the two went speeding off.

Irel climbed on behind Axe and tightened her arms around his waist as they shot out across the lake. The spray from Rigger and Ziyah's speeder flew into her face. She wiped a bit of the moisture off, then resigned herself to the dampness. She glanced at the sky. There were still signs of battle, but the flashes of blaster fire was less frequent.