Farewell

Junalli: 20 BBY
Zunja Territory
Commander Axe

Veres elbowed him in the side suggestively. "How about that? I would've never pictured the general in something like that."

"I would have been worried if you did," Axe replied. Saji and Irel danced around in the circle of people, their hands clasping others. Irel didn't seemed focused on the dance, although her feet never missed a beat.

"And members of the tribe? I'll admit, I never saw that coming," Veres finished saying.

Axe turned back to him. "Do you think you'll ever come back here?"

"If I don't die before the war ends," Veres replied.

Axe gritted his teeth momentarily. "Let's hope."

The song ended and Saji and Irel darted back over to them. They were out of breath and Irel's cheeks were pink. Another song started up, but they stayed. Lihol joined them shortly.

"Welcome to the tribe!" He exclaimed, slinging an arm around Axe's neck.

"Thanks," he replied.

A few men were making their way over to the small group. Axe furrowed his brow as they began speaking. Lihol and Saji laughed a bit.

"What are they saying?" Veres asked.

"They want our company," Saji motioned to herself and Irel. Irel raised her eyebrows in surprise.

"If two men are seeking the attention of the same women, it is tradition that they have a fight to see who gets the privilege of spending time with the woman," Lihol explained.

"And of course, winning the fight proves who is more dedicated to her," Saji added.

"I'm confused," Veres said with a laugh.

"They would challenge the two of you for our attention," Saji replied.

Veres raised his eyebrows. "Oh, I'll do it!"

"What about you, Axe?" Lihol turned to him.

Axe glanced at Irel curiously. She grinned. "Well, Commander? Will you fight for me?"

"Is that an order?" He let a smirk slide onto his face.

Irel thought for a minute. "No."

Axe crossed his arms and nodded to Lihol. "Then come on! There are already a few of them going." Lihol turned and led them to a large wooden area with railings surrounding it. Several men tussled together and a few girls laughed, watching them.

    A few circles had been marked out with white paint. A man followed Axe into one of the rings. "The rules are simple," Saji began. "Whoever gets knocked off their feet first loses. No sweeping the legs, punching the face, or punching the gut."

    Axe slid into position as Saji gave the order to begin. This is definitely unexpected, he thought. The Zunja male charged and Axe sidestepped. He stepped back, blocking and trading a few blows. The male rushed at him, trying to get at his stomach.

    In the other ring, Veres was already wrestling his opponent to the ground. With a cheer, he pushed his opponent down. Saji laughed and moved over to him. She said something to the other man and he brushed it off, before heading away.

    Axe returned his thoughts to his own opponent. The man charged again. Axe sidestepped and jumped onto the man's back. With one quick movement, he pulled the man down and pinned him on the ground. Veres and Saji clapped. Axe stood and pulled his opponent to his feet.