Insubordination

Felucia: 21 BBY
Republic Cruiser "Remembrance"
Irel Kirsi

    Irel stormed onto the bridge with Patch, Rigger, and Gizer in tow. Admiral Westley was standing next to a holotable, running through statistics as they approached. "General, you look better," he remarked.

    "Admiral, something has come up. I believe that Commander Axe and Veres are in danger," she replied, not bothering to answer his comment.

    Admiral Westley raised an eyebrow. "How so?"

    "I'm not sure. It's just a feeling I have and I had a vision of a cell." She scrunched her brows, thinking.

    "I'm sorry, General, but I don't think the situation is that serious. General Windu told us to wait three rotations and see if we hear from them, or we are to leave the system."

    Irel shook her head. "If I'm right, then we can't wait that long. We have to go after them."

    Admiral Westley lowered his voice and gave her a desperate look. "You are asking to take a team into the heart of the Separatist Alliance because of a feeling? I'm sorry, but I can't let you do that."

    "Then you are condemning those men to die." Irel didn't bother to lower her tone. The officers on the bridge glanced at each other awkwardly.

    "General, I don't think you've thought this through. What you saw could have been anything. I'm sorry, but I can't let you attempt anything. You would go against direct orders from the Council and I would be under obligation to arrest you," Admiral Westley sighed.

    "How many times have General Kenobi and General Skywalker gone against the Council? As far as the military goes, I would be in the wrong, but you forget that I am a Jedi first and foremost. As a Jedi, I have a duty to protect and serve members of the Republic and that is exactly what I will do," Irel hissed. She whirled and stormed back into the lift.

    Patch, Rigger, and Gizer followed her wordlessly. The lift closed and she rubbed her temples, contemplating. "General, if you think there's something going on, I believe you," Rigger said. "If you plan on breaking the rules, I want in."

    Irel glanced at him and grinned. Rigger brushed some red hair from his face and grinned back. "Patch, Gizer, you can come if you want, but you could be marked as mutineers along with me," Irel pointed out.

    Gizer shook his head and sighed. "I can't come with. There's not enough proof that something is wrong."

    "Gizer, think for yourself for once," Rigger growled. "They're our brothers."

    Irel held up a hand. "No, Rig. Leave him. It's his decision." Gizer looked away.

    "I'll come. If they've been captured, you're going to need a medic," Patch added.

    "Then we'll leave immediately so that Westley doesn't have time to put the hangar under lockdown." The clones nodded and the lift stopped. Gizer remained in the lift and closed the door.

    Nothing seemed out of place as they headed towards the Zelera. A few pilots gave them questioning glances but Irel nodded to them and they went back to their work. They paused and glanced around before boarding. Irel quickly fired up the engines and Rigger slid into the co-pilot's seat. He checked the fuel levels and groaned.

    "We've got enough to make it to Serenno and half way back here before we're out of fuel," Rigger pointed out as they lifted off.

    "Then we'll have to make a pit stop on the way back."