Melancholy

The sun was rising. It was all over. The three idiots clinged to their master, crying their hearts out.

Rengoku's body was covered by Hiiro's white haori. The demon slayer corps had arrived moment before and they were taking care of all the train incident. He felt his heart shrunk, he wanted to cry but he couldn't do it, not right now.

She looked for Shinobu, but she wasn't there, that was weird, she was helping with the injured. The boys weren't there anymore, they were clinging to him moments ago. He was all alone, everyone dissapeared, everyone but Rengoku's body.

"Why didn't you protect me?" That voice, his heart froze, his eyes locked on his dead friend. The flames were raging on his eyes. "You said you were going to protect me!" He grabbed the night pillar from his shirt collar, Hiiro could feel the heat coming from the former pillar. "Who's next? Sanemi? Mitsuri? Tanjiro? Shinobu?"

A gentle breeze blew, the former pillar began to cry silently.

"When are you going to protect someone? When?"

As the night breath user opened his eyes, the sunlight was warm enough to assume the morning came.

"A nightmare..." cold sweat coming down his forehead. "Shit... I'm sorry, Rengoku."

He was resting at the Butterfly estate, his body felt like he had a beating the night before. Hiiro analyzed all the Reiatsus inside the estate. Shinobu, Aoi, Kanao, Sumi, Kiyo and Naho, the three idiots and... Mitsuri!?

"Good morning, Hiiro-kun~" the love pillar bursted into the room, with her playful smile and his always positive attitude. "How does it feel to wake up after four days?"

"Four days?" He looked at her with a blank expression. Hiiro had no recollection of falling asleep.

"You don't remember? After the demon who killed Rengoku fled, you went into a rampage. You killed fifty or sixty demons before the other Hashiras could stop you." The pinknette explained as she walked forward the boy.

"I see..." The night pillar stomach growled, with  pink tinted cheeks he looked at the girl who just giggled.

"I'll tell the others that you are awake and I'll bring you breakfast." She smiled and left the room.

Hiiro could teel that something around her changed, she left the room with a nice smell, is it lavender? The tenth pillar liked it anyways.

After a long breakfast and reunion with his apprentices and the all the inhabitants of the butterfly estate, he left the manor with a shunpo, he has to visit someone.

That afternoon, Mitsuri Kanroji was looking for him without any trace of him, he just vanished.m and left her with a sad heart without explanation.

For Sanemi Shinazugawa, visiting the cemetery of the demon slayer corps wasn't a pleasant experience. He detest to see all the names, he could even recognize one or two of them.

'Tch. Fucking Demons. I'll slay them all.'
The wind pillar was carrying a flower bouquet, Kanae's favorites.

He was like an older sister for the three of them, he admired her and she encouraged him to become a pillar, ah how much he missed her, the wind pillar wondered if she was still alive... he shook his head, it's mo good crying over spilled milk.

Her grave was no different from the others, you could say it was the standard.

Kocho Kanae, former flower pillar. Was read at her tombstone. He smiled a bit when he read it, it's like she's still alive.

Whenever he goes there, he stays a loooong time, Sanemi enjoys a meal with her and he talks about how is all going. It was like he's visiting an old friend. Ah, no matter how much time pass, he was still in love with her.