Chapter 12: Infiltration

Neo's POV

I sat in a larger truck alongside a few other members of the Black Legion as well as Damien. Damien has kept me close to him and only him the entire ride over. No one said a word and Damien sat and glared at the ground. He doesn't want anything to do with what's going on and he wants me to help even less. I can tell from the look on his face, his body language, the metaphorical aura around his body is just radiating with anger and pain. He's in a place mentally where few come back from and I'm surprised he hasn't chopped up these people into itty bitty pieces.

Damien, everything's gonna be okay. I'm here for you. You know that.

"I know..." He said as someone noticed his sudden outburst in the total silence.

"What do you know boy?" One of the guys asked.

"None of your damn business buddy." He said. The truck went back to total silence for a bit until another person spoke up.

"How is it that the great Damien White quote on quote retires then proceeds to start shagging it up with with Mary Poppins? I figured you'd at least go for someone more...communicative."

"I figured that you'd be dead by now but we all can't get what we want." Damien said as I smirked at his comeback.

"What are you smiling about girly?"

"Buddy, I'd advise you choose your next words carefully or else I'll break your hands." Damien said.

You could just do it anyways...

Damien chuckled from my comment.

"You really think you have a chance against me?"

"I know I could take all 10 of you on at once. Do I need to remind you on who exactly used to run things around here? Me and Khloe." Damien said.

"That's enough guys. Damien here has oh so willingly decided to assist us for our current mission. Let's not cause him and his friend any discomfort while they're here." Wesker said.

"Are we almost there yet?" Damien asked.

"Almost."

"So let me get this straight. We're going to, and I quote, steal an old Atlas airship from a junkyard?" Damien asked.

"That's right. We need a way into Atlas that won't draw much attention. Recent camera feeds there have showed that a beaten up Atlas Military Ship is there, waiting to be taken. We have the parts to fix it, and seeing as how we have a few ex pilots in the Black Legion, we should be able to get into Atlas without any issue whatsoever. The ship itself came from the fall of Beacon Academy so expect some security personnel on the premises."

"The fall of Beacon?" Damien asked as he looked over at me.

That's where Roman died.

"I have a question. Even if we get this ship, how are we gonna transfer it back without anyone noticing?" Damien asked as he grabbed my hand and squeezed it. I assume he doesn't want me to be upset about being around anything to do with Beacon.

"Good question. Ajax, did you bring the drones?" Wesker asked.

"Yes sir." A man replied.

"Good. Ajax here has designed drones that can transport anything to any place on Remnant instantly. It took us a while to get the damn things to function properly but I think they're ready now."

"Whatever makes this easier and faster." Damien said as we arrived at our destination. Everyone started getting up and as we did, Damien stopped me by grabbing my shoulders.