Chapter 13 : What's Next?

Damien's POV

"Damien..."

"Wha...who's there..."

"You know who I am darling. It's me...your lovely wife..."

"No...that can't be...you're dead..."

"Yes I am but that's okay...I am finally free...and now you will be too."

"No..."

"We'll finally be together again. We'll finally be able to put our past behind us and move forward just the two of us..."

"Things have changed Khloe...you're gone now and now your friends are tormenting me and Neo."

"Right... your new girlfriend. Well this is how I feel about your new girlfriend..."

"NOOO!"

I woke up from my nightmare, suddenly jolting up in bed. Neo was laying beside me after what transpired last night and she jumped from my sudden awakening. She raised up, holding the blanket up to her upper chest and used her free hand to grasp mine.

Hey...what's up?

"Nightmare...but I'll be okay...I just need a few minutes."

Take as much time as you need.

"Thanks..." I said as I lowered my head and looked at her hand and squeezed it.

"So...do you mind telling me what last night was about?" I asked.

I don't know to be honest with you. It was just a sudden impulse that escalated over time.

"It was just really out of nowhere so I was just a little confused."

Damien, you're an amazing guy. Like honestly, you've made me feel a lot better about myself compared to before I met you. I care about you, and if last night was a sign of anything, it seems as if that feeling was mutual. I don't know what to really call us...but I'm hoping you can kinda fill in the blank here.

I smirked and leaned over and kissed her, making sure she clearly understood my mindset on the topic.

"Neo, with everything going on with the Black Legion, I'm not sure how much we should be broadcasting what's happening between us. We can take it slowly from here on out and after we're done here, you and I are going to retire completely and live our lives together, someplace where no one can find us or hurt us." I said.

Whatever's going on between us, I wanna give it a chance. After everything is done here of course.

"I'd like that." I said as I kissed her again and lowered back down on the bed. She did as well but this time, she leaned on my chest and closed her eyes.

By the way, you look badass with that eye bandage.

"Stop." I said as I began chuckling.

Come on. That eye is screwed but at least you're making the most of it.

"Honestly, I've always thought about how I would react if I was to lose a part of my body. I'm surprisingly calm about it. Don't get me wrong, at first it hurt like a bitch but now, it's as if the pain is gone."

You have to be more careful. Your artificial aura isn't able to withstand much damage.

"Hey it wasn't my idea to take my eye out. You can thank Wesker for that one."

Screw that bastard.

"You can say that again."

Screw tha-