Chapter 17 : Heat

Neo's POV

Damien and I stood right in the center of the room, watching on as several Black Legion members began to prepare their attack.

"Now now everyone. I think it would be best for you to take this outside. No need to ruin the place with some spilled blood." Lil' Miss Malachite said as Damien scoffed.

"You better hope these guys can put me down because if they can't, I'm taking your head." Damien said as I lunged at the few Black Legion members in front of me and began to strike them down one by one. Damien did the same and we were tearing them apart. Damien was using one of the tables as a shield while pushing forward and I've got to say, we've always made a good team. Several more Black Legion members came in through the windows as Damien began spinning his swords, blocking all of the incoming gunfire from hitting him. I held up my umbrella to do the same and I decided to show off a little. I let one strike me, but I used my semblance, causing them to actually strike down my illusion. They all looked at each other with confusion as Damien chuckled.

"Whatever you do, don't turn around." He said as they all ignored his warning and saw me holding my umbrella, resting it onto my shoulder. I winked at them before kicking one in the face and he stumbled into Damien who met him with a dropkick, sending the guy into the wall and knocking him out cold. After some time, we finally beat them all and caught our breath.

Well that was...simple enough.

I looked over and saw Damien grab one end of Lil' Miss Malachite's table and flung it across the room before pointing his sword right at her eyeball.

"I've had enough of your schemes. Tell me where Sarya is and maybe, you'll make it out of here with a head still on your shoulders." He said as she smirked.

"Recent reports show that your friend was spotted outside of Vacuo. Apparently she's been searching for something as well." She said.

"Looking for what?" Damien demanded.

"I'm not entirely sure. All I know is that these men you just beat up already reported back to their leader about her whereabouts. If you're going to go after her, you might want to get a move on."

"If they have hurt her in any way, you better make sure you hide yourself in a spot where I cannot find you because if they did, I'll make sure to hold up MY end of the bargain." Damien said as he swiftly pulled his sword away and sheathed it before finding his other sword on the floor and sheathing it as well.

"Let's go. We don't have time to waste." Damien said as he grabbed my hand and we walked away from this place.

1 day later...

Damien and I were sitting on a train, heading to Vacuo. We were already beginning to feel the troublesome heat that exists in Vacuo but thankfully, we came prepared. We were wearing clothes suitable for the troublesome heat that come with the terrain. Damien ditched the cloak and was now only wearing a black sleeveless skin tight shirt with armor built into it with black pants with knee and shin plates built into it. He was wearing boots that were lightweight enough for him to move around quickly and not exert too much energy along with black fingerless gloves with a silver bracelets. Meanwhile, I was wearing only a black and white vest with a pink undershirt and black bowtie. I had white pants with white knee high boots. I also had my hat of course.

"God it's so hot." Damien said.

We're in Vacuo dum dum. This place has always been suffocatingly hot.

"Yeah...right. I haven't been here in years but I forgot how damn hot it was."

Well look on the bright side. We have a lead on Sarya now.