2 | Dragon's Cave

Modeling. It is what I do when I'm not doing my job as a flight attendant. Even though I may have a lot of money and could retire if I wanted to, I choose to continue working. I just like to keep myself busy, even busier now than before to avoid thinking about the hurtful past months.

"Keller, you're next," one of the staff informs me as she helps me over to the entrance on stage. I wore a cute outfit. (picture above) I stand there quietly, trying to have fun and wait for my signal to walk down the runway. "3, 2, 1 Go."

Without hesitation, I strutted down the runway confidently like I always have whenever I was here.

Cameras flashed, people clapping and shouting, some whistling so loud, but I keep looking forward fiercely. At the end of the runway, I do a pose before heading back. This time I looked around and made eye contact with a man with shades on. Well, I could feel him looking right back at me. I turned away from him, finding it weird that he's wearing that in here.

"Good job, Angel babe." Lora, my close friend, smiles when I was back behind stage. She exhales nervously and I shake my head at her, saying,"Lora, relax. You'll do great out there."

"Well, I hope so because Nico is here among the audience. " Lora said excitedly, making me look at her with wide eyes.

"My brother's here?" I ask her.

"Yea," She nods then lets out a deep breath. Lora Gomez has strawberry blonde hair and warm blue eyes. She's a very friendly girl and has a huge crush on my brother Nico.

Nico is here, but why? My brother is very supportive but I thought he had something to do so he couldn't attend today. I just sigh and decided to wait till the show was over to ask him.

****

As I was getting dressed so I could go home, I was surprised when Lora came in with a smile, holding a bouquet of red roses in her arms. I didn't think it was mine but she said it was.

"Someone likes you," Lora teased, bumping shoulders with mine.

"Who is this someone?" I ask her curiously because there was no notes on it. Just roses. Whoever send me this, a huge thank you, but I'm not a fan of red roses. I'm more of a white rose girl. I just smile, being thankful anyways.

"Some bodyguard, I don't know." She shrugged, putting on her coat. I just look at her weirdly then grab my purse, heading out only to meet my brother Nico who was about to enter the room. He gives a tight smile to Lora who was jumping giddily at the sight of my big brother.

"Hi Nic!" She waved shyly like a teenager.

"Lora, you looked very beautiful tonight," Nico tells her, making her blush then he turns to me. A look of surprise when he sees the bouquet in my arms but then he says,"We have to go now. See you next time, Lora."

He pulls me away with him quickly, leaving behind a pouting Lora. I just wave at her, but I had no idea it would be the last time I'll see her. There were 6 cars parked up front and Nico helped me into his car while his men went to their own cars. I was nervous because we never needed this much security.

"What's going on, brother? Is there a problem?" I ask him worriedly as he starts driving.

He just sighs, looking in the rearview mirror, saying,"I'll explain later."