13 | Happy

EMMA PREPARED so much food when dinner came. She was very happy that we were back and was talking about how the house felt so lonely without the 3 of us: Fabio, Damian, & I. Anyhow, we're home and I'm glad we made it back safely.

Home...

I look across me at the table, my heart swelling at the sight of Damian as he placed a napkin on his lap, not knowing that I was staring at him.

Home...

It really feels like home....with him.

But then I'm not his real wife. I'm merely his fake wife. I'm here because I need his protection. Apparently, he can protect me better than my own brother.

I subconsciously touched the ring on my hand, feeling the shape of the dragon.

Damian looked up at me, making me turn away from me. I focus on the many food, wondering how we'll finish all of this. We can't eat all of this, but I guess we might have guests because the maids were bringing extra chairs.

"You look very beautiful, Angel,"

My eyes meet Damian's. He was looking at me softly and my heart, as always whenever he looks at me, beats wildly in my chest. It was just us at the table for now.

"Thank you, " I smile genuinely at him, not being able to look at him too long. He has this look in his eyes and I'm shy. Why is he looking at me like that? I'm not even dressed up fancy or anything. I'm just wearing casual clothes. Clothes I'm comfortable in. He's looking at me like I'm dressed up fancy which I'm not.

"Hey Fabio," I greet Fabio when he joins us at the table, pulling out a chair beside Damian

"Hey Fabio," I greet Fabio when he joins us at the table, pulling out a chair beside Damian. He was also confused as to why there was so much.

I smile to myself. I'm expecting one guest to show up, but even with that guest, all these food won't be finished.

Emma finally comes back and claps her hands together, startling me. We all look at her and she grins, sitting down at the head chair.

"Why is there so much food?" I ask curiously.

She smiles excitedly, "Because we have special guests joining us." She gives the maid a nod and I watch as the maid walks up, then comes back with someone I haven't seen in such a long time.

"Mama!" I smile, tears in my eyes as I jump out of my seat, running to hug her.

I haven't seen my mom since in such a long time. She's finally moving in with us as well. My mom hugs me back tightly, muttering how much she misses me.

"I'm so happy you're here," I said happily, pulling back to look at her. She too had tears in her eyes. Tears of joy.

"Nico," I said when I saw him, then I also noticed my best friend standing behind him. She steps forward, waving at me. "Lora!"