38 | We meet again

ALYSSA

"WAKE UP," SOMEONE whispered desperately, shaking my shoulder while I was laying down. My neck stings and I slowly start to wake, a hand reaching over the side of my neck.

I open my eyes slowly, nearly screaming when I see a messed up face of a girl staring down at me. She moves back a little while I sit up, my wound hurting a bit.  Looking around, I realized I'm in some container. It wasn't just the two of us in here, but there were about 12 more girls cowering fear in this dim lit container.

"Where are we?" I ask quietly, sitting up properly as she scoots back, leaning against the metal wall. Her face was badly bruised, as if someone repeatedly punched her. Her short hair clung to her skin with sweat. Her clothes were dirty and had rust stains from this old container.

"I don't know anymore," the girl answers sadly.

"What's your name?" I asked her softly.

"...Carina," the girl answers, licking her chapped lips.

"I'm Alyssa," I introduced myself, "Can you tell me how long I've been in here?"

"Just an hour,"

Standing up, I look at all the girls who look so weak and starved. They must have been in here for so long judging from their appearance. Reaching into my shorts pocket, I smile a little when I feel my small handkerchief in there. I crouch beside Carina, trying to ignore the pain my neck and shoulder as I slowly try to clean her face. It was all bloody and had secretions.

"How'd you end up here, Carina?" I query.

"I came looking for my big sister, but couldn't find her," Carina mumbles, "then they dragged me here."

"I want to go home," I hear her whisper, voice breaking at the end.

Wiping her face gently, I tell her, "I'll get you all out of here somehow. I promise. "

She looks at me and nods a little. I step back, startled when the doors to the container suddenly pull open from outside, letting the bright sun shine inside. We all block the brightness with our hands as two men step inside with smirks.

"Ladies, how we doing?" The guy with a bald head said, biting on a toothpick.

"Shut it, Fred," the second guy with a mustache hits him in the chest, "Find the new girl first and then we can have some fun."

"Fuck you, Lewis," Fred snapped at his partner, stepping forward with a grim face. I tense as Carina moves closer to me in fear. I wrap my arm around her in a protective manner.

"You," Fred said when he looks at me, "Get the fuck up now."

Standing up, I look down when Carina grabs my hand in hers. She didn't want me to go and I gasp when Fred suddenly kicks her in the chest, making her let go of me.

I go to make sure she was okay, but Lewis grabs me by the waist and I couldn't help but shiver in disgust.

"Ah, Carina," Lewis smirks, pulling me away, "Fred and I will be back for some fun."

"Let me go," I shout angrily, trying to escape his hold but he only tightens his hold around me as we exit the container.

"Fucking stop, you bitch," He lets me go before slapping me across the face, making me fall on the grass. I glance back to the container, worried as I made eye contact with Carina before the doors are being closed and locked by Fred.

"FUCK! LEWIS! YOU JUST HIT A PREGNANT WOMAN!" Fred shouts, stomping over to where we were. I put my hand over my womb, slowly getting up to my feet with a glare in Lewis's direction.

"Doesn't matter if she's pregnant or not," Lewis retorts, "she'll die anyways. Now move, bitch."

They push me forward and I start walking barefoot towards the old mansion before us, realizing we're deep in the woods. I have no idea where I am, but I hope I can get out of here with the other girls as well.

         ***

         I WAS FORCED to sit down on a chair when we reached the living room. There were guards everywhere in the house. My shirt had a blood stain from the reopening of my wound. I put my hand over my necklace, hoping Damian would save me soon. 

Fred and Lewis go to sit down in the couch, smirking at something they were looking at in Fred's phone. I study their faces, trying to memorize it. I'll make sure they get punished for laying a hand on women.

They were busy looking at something and the other guards went somewhere, making it clear to bolt out of here. I take a deep breath, wondering if I should make a run for it now. They weren't even paying attention to me now. I don't even know what I'm here for.

As quickly as I can, I ran towards the door, running out while the two idiots were shouting at me to go back. Adrenaline kicked in, all I wanted was to get out of here. I didn't feel safe at all and if I stayed longer, I might lose my baby. And if I lose my baby, I'll never move on from it.

But before I could make it far from the mansion, guards were already coming out and cornering me. I stop, out of breath and in pain.

A car stops in front of me and I take a step back when 2 guys step out, heading for me.

Someone laughed from behind, it was Lewis with a evil smirk. I frown, failing to escape. The two guys grab me by the arms, but not too roughly like the other idiots did. I try to pull out of their hold to no avail.

I could only stand there, remaining calm and confident as Lewis and Fred approach us. I glare at them as they smirk at me, eyeing me up and down.

"You can never escape us, bitch," Fred shakes his head at me.

"This is what you get for trying to run from us," Lewis starts, and I brace myself for when he was about to slap me again, but the hit never came. I look up and sigh in relief when I see him.

Its him!

"Andy," I whisper when I realized he was the one holding Lewis's arm back from touching me. He roughly pushes him back, making him stumble back.

We meet again I thought, happy to see him again.