50 | It Ends Here

"BOSS!" 

Turning around, I was met with a panting member of the gang whose name I can't remember and don't care about. He had panic written all over his face. 

I frown, "What? Are the men ready? We attack soon..."

"BOSS! WE NEED TO GET YOU OUT OF HERE! THEY'RE HERE!" He informed me, gulping hard.

"Who's here?" I ask. 

"THE DRAGON GANG SIR!" 

I cast my gaze out the window when I heard a gunshot. I put down the glass of champagne I was drinking before I was interrupted. I grab the important documents and things I need before walking out the office. My heart was beating loudly in my chest. I had planned to kill the Dragon Gang on this day but they got to me quicker than I thought they can. I try not to let fear seep in. This is my time to rise! Father is dead, but still I must prove that I can make our gang rise...with or without our allies. 

Outside, there was a car parked waiting for me as gunshots go off. Looks like I'll have to kill them off next time. I have to plan better. 

"STEP ON IT!" I roar at my driver the moment I got into the car with my lackey. The car moves, running the opposite way. There were cars blocking the entrance so we took another path. The gunshots were no longer heard and I sigh to myself in relief. 

They can't catch us now! I thought. 

But I was wrong. 

In the dark road, a car turned on its lights at us, making my driver stop. I lean forward, looking at the car in front of us. 

"Boss, what do we do?" The driver asked, "We're outnumbered..."

"GO BACK RIGHT NOW!" I shout at him. He nods frantically before backing up the car. 

FUCK!

The enemies car suddenly came forward, making us reverse back fast. I ball up my fist when they back us up. We were back on the dock and looking out the window, I can see my men dead on the ground. Cars parked in front of us and there was nowhere to go. If we drove back, we'd fall into the sea. 

"Boss..." My men said in fear, looking at me. 

"Call for backup..." I order.

"Our backups died," 

"Then call our allies!" 

"Boss, they don't want to help you..." 

I don't say anything, not wanting to accept defeat. I am the new gang boss. I just got this title and now, I'm going down. 

Maybe Father was right... 

I'm not fit to lead the gang. 

"BROTHER!"

I look up when I hear a familiar voice. 

Running forward from the enemies car, I watch as my sister falls down in the middle in front of everyone. 

Emilia!

"BROTHER SAVE US!" Emilia was crying desperately, trying to get back up. 

Iana was pushed forward, falling beside Emilia. I sit up, gulping. I don't know what to do. 

How do I save them when I can't even save myself?

"Daniel," Damian walked out of the shadows, "There's no way out. Surrender."

Surrender? 

I rather die than to surrender to the Dragon's gang. 

Getting out of the car, I slowly walk up front. The last of my gang...just two members staying back in the car. I honestly hate myself. Walking into the middle, I look at my sister who struggles to keep her eyes on me.