5 | She's Taken

"I have a show tonight," I inform Emma over breakfast the next day. 

She looks up at me excitedly, "That's great! I'm so coming to watch you."

Her excitement made me laugh quietly to myself as I finish up my pancake. It was such a beautiful day here at the Dragonov's home. Emma has always been keeping me company whenever she is not taking a nap or out shopping with friends. Damian and Fabio are nowhere to be found most of the times. So whenever I'm not eating or sleeping, I'm just talking to Lora on my new phone. At first, she questioned me about the new phone, but I promised to explain everything to her tonight. 

Looking out the window, I couldn't help but smile at how lovely the garden is out side. There were so many types of flowers and roses out there. I really love flowers. Back at my mansion, I had my gardener plant many flowers. 

I miss my home... 

But then, 

I can only remember the bad memories that happened there. 

I want to sell that mansion, now that I think of it. 

I try to stop thinking about the painful past, my mind hurts whenever I think hard on it. The beauty outside was just too much. 

The dining room was open and you can also smell the freshly cut grass. I love it. 

"Oh look," I got Emma's attention, looking out,"Butterflies!"

Standing up, I walk out of the dining room, not caring that I was barefoot and was dressed in a my white over-sized T-shirt with my hair led down probably looking like a bird's nest. Emma told me the mafia gang have their own house around here so I won't be bumping around any of them at this time. 

The garden was like a paradise. The flowers. Then the butterflies. There are hundreds of them flying around and landing on the flowers. I couldn't stop smiling as it was my first time to witness such a lovely thing. 

I reach my hand out, palm facing the sky. Let's see if I could get a butterfly to land on my hand. There were tons of butterflies, but there was one white small one flying around. My eyes widen in surprise when it slowly landed in the palm of my hand. A huge smile formed on my face as I get entranced by its beauty. Its wing just white yet so beautiful. 

"Alyssa dear, your phone is ringing! It's from Lora," Emma shouted from the house. 

Smiling one last time at the butterfly, I let it go before running back to the house, wanting to yell at Lora for calling at the wrong time. 

"Dude, let's have dinner tonight." Lora announced when I answered her call.

I roll my eyes, trying not to smile,"You really had to call now? You didn't wanna tell me later when we meet?"

"Uh no," She responds, "I'm telling you now so you can cancel your other plans. You can invite whoever. My family went back to Tennessee and I don't want to eat dinner alone today."

"Erm..." I said, unsure.

"Please!" She pleaded, I bet she's making a cute puppy dog face right now as we speak.

"Fine, whatever." I give in, shaking my head. 

She squeals excitedly then hangs up on me. This girl... 

***

Later during the day at around 4PM, I found myself standing in the living room, ready for my show tonight. It was raining today so I decided to wear a coat. I might get cold later.