15 | iCare Hospital

iCare Hospital was a private hospital, owned my a dear friend of mine who I haven't seen in quite awhile. I've been here many times and I never thought I'd be back here again. Only this time, the problem is not me, but-

"Careful you dumb bitch, " Iana snarls at Lora who accidently touched her feet. Taking a look at her ankle, I see how red and swollen it is. It doesn't look good at all. I wonder how this happened to her. She never explained what happened in the restroom and she kept crying in pain so we brought her to the hospital so the doctor can take a look.

I frown at Iana, not liking the way she's treating my friend, but then I try to be understanding since she's in pain. Lora rolls her eyes, stepping back, away from her while Malu holds the injured girl.

A nurse drags a wheel chair over and Iana gets seated. Fabio stood there behind us, not really caring. Apparently, he doesn't care about Iana. Its nothing serious and he's only going to act if it's something about me.

What a gentleman.

"Alyssa, hey!" My lips form a smile when I saw my friend who had just finished attending to a patient. I pull her into a hug, smiling widely.

"Lilith, " I say her name, pulling back to examine my friend's face.

As always, Doctor Lilith looks very gorgeous. I'm proud of my girl. She is not only a doctor, but the owner of this hospital. She's such a caring friend.

"I haven't seen you in a while, how are you?" Lilith asked, in a good mood.

"Its good to see you. I'm...well, engaged to Damian," I show her the ring, making her eyes go wide. She gasps, "Omg, that is so beautiful."

"You have to tell me everything," Lilith said excitedly and then we both turned to see a nurse rushing out of a room. It was the same nurse who pushed Iana into the room to get checked up.

"Go help my friend," I playfully push her in that direction after she groans, muttering killjoy. "I'll explain everything soon. "

"You better," Lilith points at me before rushing off to attend to Iana.

We all sit down in the waiting room except for Fabio who's on guard. We roll our eyes at him and just watch the TV. There wasn't alot of patients in this area. I notice my friends being oddly quiet and I face them, wanting to know what's wrong. If I could do anything for them.

"Are you guys okay?" I ask quietly.

"No, I'm not. " Lora bursts out, startling me. I put a hand on her shoulder, "Wow okay. Relax."

"I hate that Iana bitch, " Lora whined like a child, making a face while Malu just nods in agreement.

"I nearly judo her ass," Malu sighs, "How annoying. What happened in there anyway?"

I shrug, having no idea, "I don't know, but we'll find out."

          ***

"So will she be okay?" I asked Lilith when they were done attending to Iana who was sitting on the bed.

"She was being too dramatic, but she'll be fine. She just has a sprain," Lilith tells me, holding on to her clipboard as we stand by the door. "She can go home already. I'll have the nurse prepare some discharge planning for her. I have a scheduled surgery in a few minutes."

"Thank you, Lily," I thank her and she just hugs me once more.

"Don't mention it," she glances at her watch, "Call me soon and lets catch up."

"Sure thing," I laugh quietly, watching her walk away hurriedly. Entering the room, I sit on the edge of the bed, looking at Iana who was laughing at something on her phone.

"Hey," I say, getting her attention.

"Hey girl," she smiles as if nothing has happened.

"Want to explain what happened in the ladies room?" I ask her softly and she just sighs, looking sad suddenly.

"...well?" Malu asked impatiently, leaning against the wall.

Fabio excuses himself as he needs to take a call, leaving us girls in the room. It was silent and Lora starts to tap her feet. Something she does when her temper is rising. She was getting very annoyed.

"...I went to retouch," Iana starts and Lora bursts out laughing, making Iana glare at her before continuing, "and that girl...Ona?"

"What did Ona do?" I question.

"...well...she started talking to me, calling me names. She was angry for what I did to her back at the mall. I humiliated her," She emphasizes, "and she said I was going to pay for what I did and she charged for me and she made me trip and that's how I sprained my ankle. She started it, you have to believe me."

I don't say anything, but just nod at her in response. Iana told me her side of the story, but I need to know both sides before I make a statement about this.

"We'll take you home," I tell her and she looks up, shaking her head no.

"No, I'll have someone pick me up. You've done alot for me, Alyssa. I can take care of myself from here, " She told me, making Malu and Lora roll their eyes. I gave her a smile, excusing myself to go take care of some paper works for her.

After signing some things and doing whatever I needed at the Nurse's station, I was heading back to the room but then I got distracted. I walked down the hallway, stopping by an open room. The door was left open and I heard a loud cry coming from inside. Someone left their baby crying and unattended.

Lilith was down the hall when she saw me, waving at me while the nurses drag a bed away. She comes up to me, smiling happily. I'm guessing the surgery went well.

"I see you've met Maria?" Lilith said, putting her hands into her pockets and I look at her confused.

Maria?

"Maria?"

She nods. "Abernathy."

"I didn't know she's here," I tell her as we both look inside the room, the baby still crying. Lilith enters with me following behind her.

"Maria is here. This is their room," Lilith informs me, picking up the baby. I look at those eyes. I've seen them before.

Camila.

"Where did your mommy go?" Lilith was talking to the baby who quiets down a bit. Baby Camila looks so weak. She's sick and drained. I'm worried about her.

"Here, hold on to her. I'll find the thermometer to check her temp," Lilith lets me hold her and I was very happy to do so.

"Hey Cammy baby," I coo, rocking her in my arms and she stops crying, just looking up at me. Lilith takes her temperature, telling me that Camila was admitted here a week ago because she has pneumonia. But she's getting better and stronger every day.

"They've been having a hard time getting by since what happened, " Lilith explains. I just nod, remembering the painful past.

"Lady Dragon, " we both turn to the door way where Fabio stood, "Cars here. Let's go." I nod at him, gently placing Baby Camila in her bed before exiting the room.

I follow after Fabio but then I stop, making him stop too. "You go on ahead, I'll be there in a few minutes."

"I'll wait," He states and I roll my eyes at him and just did what I planned to do, using Damian's card to get it done.

I updated twice! Haha! I hoped you enjoy this chapter and please remember to comment and vote. What do you think she did? What do you think of Ona and Iana? Fabio and Malu? Comment your thoughts down below cuz I'll be reading. Haha love you my islaanders! The BABYCARRIER has reached 170k reads, can we get Alyssa's story over that? Haha keep safe everyone!