9 | Protection

Ring....

The room telephone rings, making me walk back inside the living room after standing out on the balcony trying to keep my cool after what happened with me and Alyssa earlier.

I smile to myself at how cute she was, but I know she wants to break my neck after I caught her laying naked on the floor.

"Hello," I answer the phone.

"Hello Sir Dragonov," I heard a feminine voice on the other line, "There seems to be a problem here at the lobby. Someone is trying to get access to your information. Could you come down here please?"

I hang up the telephone and sigh, wondering who that person is. Sounds so weird and suspicious. Getting out my phone, I text Fabio to come watch over Angel while I go see what's the problem down there.

Fabio arrived in Italy at around 5pm today. The reason he didn't come with us was that he had to take care of some business for me.

Walking out the door, I lock it after me and head to the elevator down the hall.

Move it Fabio. Something feels off and I don't want Angel to be alone. I texted him again as the elevator starts heading down.

Yes sir-  He replied.

Fabio stayed on the 11th floor while me and Alyssa stayed on the 17th floor of the hotel.

The elevator door opens and I step out, walking over to the front desk where a lady was at, typing on her computer. She looks up, "Sir."

"What is the problem?" I ask her straightforwardly.

"There was a woman earlier. She wanted access to your room information. But, rest assured, sir...I didn't give it to her," the lady uttered kindly.

I look around, "Where is this woman?"

"She left just a minute ago, sir. I wasn't able to see her face clearly since she covered herself but from what I can tell, she has a tattoo of what seems to be a...fang?"

Fang...

Now, that is suspicious and why would someone try to get my information unless...they have intentions...bad intentions. We aren't expecting anyone tonight. I just wanted dinner with Angel together.

I walk away from the front desk and quickly head to the elevator, but it was taking too long so I had to run to the other elevator down another hall at the back, worried about my Angel.

The elevator finally reached the ground floor, doors opening, and my fists clench tightly when I saw who stood before me, carrying the love of my life on his shoulder. All I felt was anger. I wanted nothing more than to kill the guy.

I have no idea who this man is but he is going to regret this.

I knew it! Something strange was happening. But where was Fabio?

The guy upon realizing who I was, looked at me with wide eyes and reached for his gun, but before he could pull the trigger I grab the gun from his hold swiftly and hit him with his own weapon on his head. He groans in pain, his grip on Alyssa weak. I take Alyssa from him, her body limp against me.

Fuck, I hope she is ok.

One arm holding Alyssa against me, the other hitting the guy in the face with the gun. I was about to shoot him but then someone kicks the gun out of my hand and then grabs the bleeding guy, running off. But before that, I got a glimpse of that new person. It was that lady the employee was talking about. The lady had the fang tattoo.

"Fuck," I hiss when they got away.

I remember the guy's face. And it's a face I'll never forget until I get my hands on him for trying to kidnap Alyssa.

           ***

Alyssa laid on the bed, no injuries or whatever. She's just asleep. And should be awake any minute now. I sit at the edge of the bed, watching her with sad eyes. I should've waited for Fabio to be here before I left. I also talked to the manager of this hotel because there was a waiter who came and we never ordered anything.

Fabio though...He arrived early and saw them taking Alyssa away but there where 3 guys fighting him while the other guy ran off.

Luckily, I was there and happened to use the back elevator. I don't know what will happen if I lost her again.

Alyssa starts to open her eyes and they were alert. She was panicking and I rush to her side, holding her hands as I try to comfort her, "Hey, it's okay. Your safe now. I'm here...I got you."

She wraps her arms around me surprisingly, hugging me tighter as she said, "They....the-the waiter- I...they- someone kidnapped me."

"I know, I was there to save you from them, " I tell her as she pulls away,"They will pay for it."

"Thank you for saving me, Demon." She smiled, about to cry.

"Don't thank me, Angel. It's my duty to protect you." I tell her," You are my fiancee."

She rolls her eyes, making me chuckle.

"Please, don't ever leave me alone," She whispers, looking away shyly.

I turn her chin towards me, making her look at me as I say, "Never. I'll continue to annoy you."

She smiles at me, shaking her head then her stomach growls and I look at her with a smirk. Laughing awkwardly, she says, "Let's eat?"

"Come on," I said, standing up, "Let's go fill that stomach of yours."

"Yay!" She said excitedly, "Fabio, let's go eat! It's Demon's treat."

"Demon?" Fabio said from the living room, making me shake my head as Alyssa and I both walk out to the living room.

       ***

        We were on our way to a restaurant and I looked over to see Alyssa looking out the window. Fabio was driving and some of lackey's were driving behind us.

"Angel," I call her, grabbing her attention.

"Hmmm?" She said, facing me.

"I don't know why those guys tried to kidnap you," I say honestly, "but I want you to be safe. We will need to have the wedding this month. "

She looks down at her lap, sighing, "Okay, I understand. "