12 | Going Home

MALU PULLS ME into a hug, holding on to me for what seemed like forever. She looks so sad this morning and I don't think it has anything to do with my departure which is in a few minutes. I wrap my arms around her, rubbing her back and I hear her sniffle.

"Oh, what's wrong girl?" I ask her quietly, looking at the front yard where Damian was standing, holding baby Landon as he talks with Reece who was trying to make his son laugh. The baby wasn't in the mood to laugh, he was merely frowning. It was such a cute moment.

My heart felt like it was going to explode at the sight of Damian holding baby Landon. They both looked so adorable.

Damian, who was listening to Reece, turned and I blush when he meets my eyes. He just caught me staring at him. I can't help it. He looks so handsome while holding the sweet baby. I know he's going to be a great father one day when he has kids.

Kids...

It's something I can't give him.

My heart feels-

"-crushed. I feel crushed." Malu finally spoke out, sobbing into my shoulders.

I stop thinking about Damian and having kids to avoid getting hurt. It's impossible to be with Damian. He did confess he has feelings for me, but how do I know he won't end up being like Bryce?

I shut my eyes, trying to focus on Malu who was pouring her heart out. Seeing her like this is so not normal. Malu is a strong woman. Among us girls who came here, she comes off more cold and bad ass. But I'm glad to be here for her.

"Oh Malu," I sigh.

"...he doesn't love me," she whispered.

I know who she's talking about.

Fabio.

He's no where to be seen and I think its because he doesn't want to see how he hurt Malu. I can see that they've had history together. They have something, but what's keeping them from being together?

"He does, Malu." I tell her, feeling her shake her head at my response.

"He's leaving me again, Alyssa. Sometimes I wish we could live normal lives too," She continues, pulling back from the hug. I give her a sad smile as she harshly wipes her tears away. We sit down and I reach into my purse to grab a clean wipe for her. I sit patiently, waiting for her to continue talking as she wipes her swollen face.

"You know, I'm so tired of us only meeting each other whenever Damian comes here. My heart can't take it anymore. I legit don't know how Fabio, that dumbass, can do it. Like-" she throws her hands in the air, trying to explain, "look at me. I look like a baboon and he's probably somewhere not even shedding a tear."

"You do not look like a baboon, " I tell her and she gives me a frown before continuing. 

"He told me this morning that he's leaving. Like duh, bitch I know. I know you guys are leaving today, but it hurts like a motherfucker because the day has finally come." Tears start rolling down her cheeks again. "Our relationship isn't very...known. Like we're private about it, but I'm tired of it. I want to go on dates with him and stuff couples do instead of...this. All my life, I've only ever been in this mafia world. I want to try new things....with him."

"Then why don't you?" I ask when she was quiet for a few minutes.

She looks at me, sighing deeply. "I want to, but he's always with Damian. He's very loyal to him. He freaking left me once when Damian called for him. Like ouch..."

"Don't be like that. I'm sure Fabio feels the same way for you. He just...doesn't know how to deal...with it." I said, not sure if I was making sense or not.

"And he was with Alyvia the last time I saw him...probably banging her," She grumbles, glaring at the ground.

"Malu-"

"I'll go to my room. Have a safe flight," She hugs me once more before rushing off, leaving me standing there.

What can I do for her? I don't want her feeling that way. Fabio is always serious, but I know he's not like that.

"Hey," I turn around to see Zbelle holding baby Mariya, making me smile brightly at them.

She comes up to me, eyes on Malu who was then out of our sight. Sighing, she says, "Fabio again, huh. "

I nod, taking Mariya from her when she reaches out for me. She puts her hand in her mouth and I smile at how cute she is. "Aren't you the cutest thing..." I coo, making her laugh.

Then an idea comes to mind, making me look at Zbelle excitedly. She looks at me in question and I waste no time, asking, "Is it okay with you and Reece if..."

              ***

              Fabio was staring at the empty seat in front of him. He looks like he's deep in thought and I shake my head at him. I got bored, flipping through the magazines. I got tired of looking out the window too.

We took off 30 minutes ago and I'm so tired of sitting already.

Damian was going through some papers, sitting right across me. He hasn't said anything to me since the dock episode. Just to annoy him, I kick under the table when he started writing some things.

"What," He said without looking at me.

I don't say anything and kick under the table again with a smirk. He sits up straight, giving me a look as he puts on the cover of his pen.

"If you wanted my attention, you could just say the word, Angel," He tells me cockily, smirking at me.

I shake my head at him, ignoring what he said and leaned on the table as I said, "Thank you." He knows what I'm talking about, why I'm thanking him for.

He turns his face a bit, tapping his finger on his cheek. I look at him confused. What is he doing?

"What?" I arch a brow at him.

"Stop playing dumb. We had a deal," He states, making Fabio look over at us. I groan, remembering the deal we made before we boarded the plane.

"Fine," I grit, getting up. I move over to his side, leaning in to give him a quick kiss on the cheek.

But just when I was about to do that, he turns his face quickly and our lips meet. My eyes went wide and I pull back, slapping him on the shoulder as my cheeks reddened.

"Ugh, I hate you," I groan, stomping back to my seat as he chuckles at me. "That's not what you said the other night."

"What?" I ask him but he just shrugs, going back to finish what he was doing before I bothered him.

I sit down, glaring at Fabio who was trying to suppress a laugh. My cheeks were hot and I couldn't stop glaring at Damian who was smiling down as he worked. He was enjoying it but he didn't know that the kiss was going to make me crazy for days. I won't be able to stop thinking about it.

His lips... I think back when our lips touched. I was screaming in my head, my heart was beating so fast. Gosh, it might pop out of my chest. I started fanning myself with my hand even though the aircon was on full blast. It's hot in here.

I can't wait till we reach home.

HEY GUYS! PLS REMEMBER TO COMMENT AND VOTE. TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS CHAPTER AND WHAT YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN NEXT. 😻