Chapter 3

Stephanie hurries around the hospital with April's sonogram in her hands. She moved it back and forth nervously, creating a popping noise. She took a deep breath as she stepped out of the elevator at the pediatric wing and hurries up to the nurses station where Alex stood as he returned some charts. "Dr. Karev," she says softly. "Have you seen Dr. Robbins?" "No," he snaps as he turns around and looks at her. "Have you seen Wilson?" Stephanie shakes her head quickly. "No, but this is important!" Alex widens his eyes at her. "So's mine." Arizona comes up beside them. "Hey Alex, I need help on the Jensen case when you have a chance." "Dr. Robbins," Stephanie says relieved. "I really need to speak with you." Arizona smiles warmly. "Okay, what do you have?" Stephanie holds the sonograms close as Arizona sticks her hand out. "Actually, can we go somewhere private?" Alex raises one eyebrow and looks at Arizona as she nods, her face confused. "Yeah, sure." Stephanie leads her to an empty patient room and closes the door. "What's the problem Edwards?" Stephanie takes a deep, shaky breath. "I think there's something wrong with Jackson and April's baby. I haven't told her, I haven't told Jackson and, I have no idea what to do. I hope that I'm wrong." Arizona nods once as fear takes over her face. "Let's hope so. Let me see the sonogram." Stephanie hands the pictures over to Arizona. "I told her that the baby was sitting like a little Buddha baby and she said yes, just like last time." Arizona holds the pictures up to the light and looks at them. She studies them intently for a while. "Oh my gosh." She finally replies breathlessly. "What?" Stephanie asks softly. "What do you see?" "The same thing that was in Dr. Herman's patient." Stephanie looks up at her. "Well, it's a simple fix, right? We can still save this baby." Arizona shoves the pictures back at Stephanie. "No, I killed that mother."